Conor Has the Worst Reaction When He Gets Hit

Apollo33

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I watched the fight a couple of times. Conor was actually landing some hard shots on Dustin in the first and second round. There was barely any follow-up though and Dustin just toughed it through even though he was probably stunned for a couple of seconds.

The fight ending moment was when Dustin hit Conor with one counter right hook, it didn't looked like much but Conor immediately put his back against the fence and almost waited for Dustin to come and finish the job.

This remind me of the Diaz right when Conor got hit with one straight right hand and he just shuts down and immediately starts running away from Diaz and panic wrestling.

He definitely doesn't have a good Poker face which is understandable to a degree, unless you have an Iron Chin and an unshakable amount of self belief getting punched in the face isn't supposed to feel good, especially when those shots come from someone like Dustin Poirier who has good Killer Instinct and volume striking.

Conor's a fighter that shows his hand(pun intended) from the start which is both a good and bad thing, if he's in there you know, when he's fading, YOU know.

You underestimate the impact of these punches, McGregor showed that he's able to take a punch and react properly before. "The worst" is the typical sherdog hyperbole.

Conor just isn’t that durable. Dustin has been in some battles and showed his toughness. Diaz made Conor whither to Stockton slaps. Conor gave up and probably wished Dustin had his back so he could’ve tapped to a sub instead.

It is very noticeable. Unfortunately he folds when things don't go his way. He is a great 1-2 round fighter, especially against 145lbers'.

Dude just has no mental fortitude since he got rich. He had great resolve in the mendes fight. If he had that mentality he would have been fine last night.

I watched the fight a couple of times. Conor was actually landing some hard shots on Dustin in the first and second round. There was barely any follow-up though and Dustin just toughed it through even though he was probably stunned for a couple of seconds.

The fight ending moment was when Dustin hit Conor with one counter right hook, it didn't looked like much but Conor immediately put his back against the fence and almost waited for Dustin to come and finish the job.

This remind me of the Diaz right when Conor got hit with one straight right hand and he just shuts down and immediately starts running away from Diaz and panic wrestling.
he actually wasnt hurt from the punch, about half a sec before that punch he got hit with a calf kick that broke the camels back. watch it again, his leg buckles and seriously hurt, which dustin noticed (but may have thought it was from the punch) conor curls up cuz he literally cant circle away at that point, couldnt have happened to a nicer guy lol.

He had his hands down again like against Nate. He's trying too hard to be Anderson Silva

He has bad reaction when on back foot, especially when tired like seen in Diaz fight. He just stops moving body. But you are overhyping his reaction, he is still one of better ppl when it come to evasion.

Today it was different. Dudes leg was gone, and best thing is you know it and completely loose ability to move or stand on it. At that point it was over. If i was him in amateur match, fuck that shit i am tapping standing. Unlike pros i need my brain to survive :D

He's no Lesnar, but he certainly doesn't overcome adversity well.

brock lesner say's "hold my beer"

He literally invented the Cumpled Fetus Breakdance maneuver, AND laid there like a bent infant having a seizure.

To be fair - Brock managed the shots well, until he got kicked in his diverticulitis.

Which really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Nah, Conor showed excellent head movement during the finish. He dodged like 90% of the shots, while managing to land some good counters too.

Problem was his leg was done, and there's only so much bobbing and weaving you can do when the rest of your body can't move out of the way too.

Back