Dana says title will be immediate rematch

WarFan90

I'm not a rat, I'm a turtle, a ninja turtle.
@purple
Reaction score
In his press conference following the fight dana says in regards to a timeline for khabib. "It doesnt matter because these two just fought" reporter says "if he is done are these the two guys who fight for the title?" Dana responds simply "ya".

Seems pretty crazy that they would run a fight back immediately for the vacant title. That being said I would love to see that fight again with Conor being able to avoid those calf kicks although I'm not sure it ends differently.

How upset are people going to be when conor gets another shot directly after a tko loss to the same guy?

Starts talking about khabib around 2:00
That comment is just after 2:30

In his press conference following the fight dana says in regards to a timeline for khabib. "It doesnt matter because these two just fought" reporter says "if he is done are these the two guys who fight for the title?" Dana responds simply "ya".

Seems pretty crazy that they would run a fight back immediately for the vacant title. That being said I would love to see that fight again with Conor being able to avoid those calf kicks although I'm not sure it ends differently.

How upset are people going to be when conor gets another shot directly after a tko loss to the same guy?

He was talking about Chandler Vs Porier when the reporter asked about “those two guys”. If you go back to the prior question of the reporter, he asked about the Chandler and Porier wins

Fuck all that. Lightweight is such a great division from top to bottom but it suffered from bad matchmaking and weird circumstances at the top.

Treat the LW division correctly now.

Poirier/Oliviera for the belt.
Gaethje/Chandler
Conor/Tony

Fuck everything else

That would be fuckin dumb. McGregor should be ranked 7 or 8 now and should fight at his competition level.

Maybe he'll work back up and maybe not.

Fuck all that. Lightweight is such a great division from top to bottom but it suffered from bad matchmaking and weird circumstances at the top.

Treat the LW division correctly now.

Poirier/Oliviera for the belt.
Gaethje/Chandler
Conor/Tony

Fuck everything else
Very fair matches imo

I'm amazed that Conor hadn't prepared for the low calf kick as it has become so prominent in recent years and instead adopted a more heavy and vulnerable boxing stye.

But sure, the frothing Conor haters who claim that the first Poirier fight was 'close' until it was over are going to skirt around and ignore the simple fact that Conor was winning in the standup and clinch in the first round and make out that Conor is done haha

he was talking about Chandler Vs Porier when the reporter asked about “those two guys”. if you go back to the prior question of the reporter, he asked about the Chandler and Porier wins
Ikr Ts on crack or something

He was talking about Chandler Vs Porier when the reporter asked about “those two guys”. If you go back to the prior question of the reporter, he asked about the Chandler and Porier wins
No he wasnt rewatch it

chandler poirer is the fight to make. winner fights khabib if he comes back.

Wait. We are calling that a tko? I thought when you got knocked dead it was a KO?

It would be right if DP fought Charles for the LW belt not Conor or Chandler.
If Chandler wants a quick fight then Gaethje is the fight for him or RDA.
Conor can fight Islam or Tony for a bounce back or maybe Nate

Can't be too upset really, I mean why wouldn't they rush to give a guy with a 1-2 record with that 1 coming over 4 years ago a Title shot?

It's not like they haven't already had to strip him of 2 titles for refusing to defend then immediately gave him a 3rd Title shot as soon as he decided to fight again.

Giving him a 4th shot against the guy who just destroyed him only makes sense really.....

If only Dana was this willing to give immediate rematches to long reigning dominant Champions when they lose a fight that was obviously an anomaly. Shame he only grants this kind of treatment to a guy that doesn't even have a single Title defense on his record and is 0-2 in the division over the last 4+ years..... Clear #1 contender right, lol.

Back