Was it really a TKO?

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Or was it scored as such in order not to make it look so bad?

I mean Conor went defo limp in there, yes he recovered quickly but only because the ref stopped it perfectly.
Doesn't change much but if I were Dustin I'd be a little pissed off with the tko. It was a clean KO, that last punch to the face put Conor to sleep.

I mean Conor went defo limp in there, yes he recovered quickly but only because the ref stopped it perfectly.
Doesn't change much but if I were Dustin I'd be a little pissed off with the tko. It was a clean KO, that last punch to the face put Conor to sleep.
the mystic one hath spoken bow down to our new over lord

Conor was looking great until caught

fluke for Screech

No. But I’m not sure why you think wilting again and letting it happen isn’t worse.

I don't think he was completely out, but he certainly wasn't in a state to continue fighting. If Herb gave it 2 seconds more, there would be no question. Conor was completely defenseless and Poirier was about to pour it on.

If conor vs Dustin 1 keeps being called a ko then this fight most definitely was. Conors legs go limp, eyes closed for a sec, didnt get up eight away.

It's all semantics but either way that flurry was vintage Poirier

Watching it in real time, it looked like a knock out. Conor wasn't defending himself at all when he fell to the ground.
I don’t think he was sleeping, I thought he was at the time. Watching it again I think he taps to strikes, so he was awake enough to do that.

Really it was more like a submission to leg kicks.
He didn't want more of those. When he got tagged a bit instead of circling out or clinching to recover he chose to try his luck in one last firefight when already stunned.
The sign of a fighter giving it a last shot because he wanted out.
The ko/TKO was a formality after that.

I think a KO would look less bad then the legs thing. Anyone can get caught by a punch and be out. But the cause being the legs means Dustin actually just implemented a better gameplan. It also gives others a path to victory against him.

Wiki, Tapology and GOAT Sherdog all have it listed as KO

Where are you getting TKO from?

Back