Dan Hooker is a glorified journeyman.

Mila is My World

Making Ash Look Good
Banned
Reaction score
Being an exciting fighter doesn't mean you're particularly good. I've never seen a large portion of fans get so excited about a guy with such a thin resume. The guy is literally 20-10 right now. His best wins are over washed up gatekeepers like Jim Miller and Ross Pearson or literal bums like James Vick. The guy barely squeaks by Felder and now suddenly he's a 'clear favourite' over a legit high-level veteran like Michael Chandler?

Some of you see a fighter with a funny accent drop a few soundbites and suddenly the are a contender.

Dan had nothing for Chandler and it showed. There are levels to this.

Hooker never fought anyone at LW who had the threat of a takedown

Which is his why he ducked Islam and Charles at the time

Chandler exposed that fact immediately when they fought, those takedown feints had Hooker shook

Being an exciting fighter doesn't mean you're particularly good. I've never seen a large portion of fans get so excited about a guy with such a thin resume. The guy is literally 20-10 right now. His best wins are over washed up gatekeepers like Jim Miller and Ross Pearson or literal bums like James Vick. The guy barely squeaks by Felder and now suddenly he's a 'clear favourite' over a legit high-level veteran like Michael Chandler?

Some of you see a fighter with a funny accent drop a few soundbites and suddenly the are a contender.

he has a win over gilbert burns(whose admitedly better at welterwieght) and arguably beat Felder . He 's simply too tough for his own good and fights with reckless abandon but hes got skills . He also looked scared tonight and couldnt pull the trigger it was strange

Wait, don't you think the KO of Burns was impressive? Or how he stood up against a very hyped Poirier?

He did look awful against Chandler though, so maybe you're right

He's pretty skilled and extremely tough and gritty. He does take too many shots which obviously didn't work out for him against someone with hands as heavy as Chandler.

Still a good fighter who I hope doesn't retire as he's in some absolute just bleed wars and he really brought it to Dustin in the first couple of rounds of their fight.

Wait, don't you think the KO of Burns was impressive? Or how he stood up against a very hyped Poirier?

He did look awful against Chandler though, so maybe you're right

Burns was a different fighter back then. No one hypes Cat Zingano for finishing Amanda Nunes.

Poirier was hyperd just as you say. He's a good likeable dude with a lot of talent but he's not some world destroyer, he comes in with a gameplan and he impliments it. Dustin is also a volume striker so I don't know why anyone should get props for eating a lot shots from them.

He was up 2-0 on Dustin and almost stopped him at the end of the 2nd. At the least had him badly hurt

He's pretty skilled and extremely tough and gritty. He does take too many shots which obviously didn't work out for him against someone with hands as heavy as Chandler.

Still a good fighter who I hope doesn't retire as he's in some absolute just bleed wars and he really brought it to Dustin in the first couple of rounds of their fight.

What you're describing is a gatekeeper that hasn't been destroyed by his late 30s like Jim Miller or John Makdessi. I'm not saying he's a bum but he's never been a contender and probably never will be.

I think the better description for him is that he is Bad Matchup for specific styles

Like he got beat the fuck up by guys like Barboza and Yair but has wins over Burns,iaquinta and gave poirier a tougher fight than conor which happened last june

Honestly I think a lot of people are underestimating Chandler and his fight IQ. He threw that jab to the body to get Hooker thinking he was setting up a takedown. Threw it almost three times in a row. Instead of the takedown he threw a right cross, while Hooker had his hands down preparing to get under hooks to defend. Open chin. Chandler is legit and has been legit.

I think the better description for him is that he is Bad Matchup for specific styles

Like he got beat the fuck up by guys like Barboza and Yair but has wins over Burns,iaquinta and gave poirier a tougher fight than conor which happened last june

Burns was a different fighter when they fought. Let's not forget once upon a time that Nunes got finished by Cat fucking Zingano.

Al is a journeyman himself. Avenging a loss against Kevin Lee an elite fighter does not make. I also don't want to hear shit about him looking 'game' against khabib as if that means fuck all when he damn near lost every round.

Dustin is a volume striker which makes for a risky matchup against a slugger with a decent chin, but he got the job done. Conor is washed up, I was not surprised in that he lost to a solid LW.

he won two bs decisions and suddenly he is top five, he was 15th

Back