Was leg kicks always the key?

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He always managed to piss guys off enough so they just want to throw hands with him. With the lack of a crowd, and Conor being a "nice guy", Dustin was relaxed as hell to just go in there and fight smart. There is a reason why guys dont have that wide heavy boxing stance in kickboxing. I think leg kicks are his weakness in the striking department. Combine that with his cardio issues....I think we are seeing the end of an era.

That being said, Conor vs Felder next.

He always managed to piss guys off enough so they just want to throw hands with him. With the lack of a crowd, and Conor being a "nice guy", Dustin was relaxed as hell to just go in there and fight smart. There is a reason why guys dont have that wide heavy boxing stance in kickboxing. I think leg kicks are his weakness in the striking department. Combine that with his cardio issues....I think we are seeing the end of an era.

Conor's stance is a lil too wide but boxing heavy game in thai boxing works, look at Rodtang in OneFC. He always wins because he's the superior boxer and inside boxer compared to the other muay thai fighters. Conor just needs to adapt to a muay thai style stance when the leg kicks are coming. He's too front heavy and needs to learn to switch to have his weight on the backfoot once they start targeting his legs. He needs to cross train with new trainers and training partners. He's not going to get those skills with his current team.

Exactly!

Conor vs Felder or retirement!
Take your poison!

Bas Rutten knew all along how to defeat Conor Mcgregor:

“So if I would face Conor McGregor, I would tell my students to start switching stance and low kicks – because for him (Conor McGregor), it’s going to be impossible to block this (outside) low kick. And especially if he’s standing like this, you’re not going to be fast enough. Low kicks attack on that front leg in the southpaw position that would be my advice if I had a student who would fight Conor McGregor. Because then you have a target; otherwise you don’t have a target, you might kick a knee (with the inside low kick).”

“If he (Conor McGregor) checks them (the outside low kick), they’re going to kick the calf and the calf is going to be relaxed when you lift it. And a relaxed muscle, same as with the body shot, if the muscle is relaxed and then you kick it, then you go down.” (*H/T Sportskeeda for the transcription)

key for Dustin victory was not happened in fight it is how much you do in training and how you can training if you drink to much

"I was drinking all bleeding fight week the last time. I was on the Conan O'Brien show [drinking]."
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/conor-mcgregor-drinking-khabib-209050

and Dustin

If Eddie Alvarez would of kept kicking Conor , the outcome would be different. The first two kicks that Eddie landed bothered Conor.

Nurmagomedov was able to thrash McGregor without having to use many low kicks...

And I don’t recall Nate Diaz throwing too many low kicks his entire career, let alone the McGregor fight...

McGregor is good, but has always looked beatable.

buying time has been the key since he fought Nate, it's been exposed over and over again. Time, leg kicks, and just flat out fighting back

conor vs felder is good.
who does rda fight doe?

Bas Rutten knew all along how to defeat Conor Mcgregor:

“So if I would face Conor McGregor, I would tell my students to start switching stance and low kicks – because for him (Conor McGregor), it’s going to be impossible to block this (outside) low kick. And especially if he’s standing like this, you’re not going to be fast enough. Low kicks attack on that front leg in the southpaw position that would be my advice if I had a student who would fight Conor McGregor. Because then you have a target; otherwise you don’t have a target, you might kick a knee (with the inside low kick).”

“If he (Conor McGregor) checks them (the outside low kick), they’re going to kick the calf and the calf is going to be relaxed when you lift it. And a relaxed muscle, same as with the body shot, if the muscle is relaxed and then you kick it, then you go down.” (*H/T Sportskeeda for the transcription)
Yes! that was on submission radio, right? I watched that interview too.

Back