Now that Conor has disqualified himself, I fear they will push the GSP/Khabib nonsense

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
Thoughts? In a way I was hoping that Conor would win so that the Danas/Chaels/ hypemachine would focus on the Khabib rematch and leave GSP alone.

But now that Conor is out of the discussion as a contender forever, GSP is the only thing that will interest Khabib for a one-off comeback fight.

So I fear that they really might make that trashy fight happen. I hope it does not.

Please GSP and Khabib don't give in to the trash circus. GOATs can cohabit.

Honestly Khabib fanboys have become more Irritating than anyone at this point.

Especially since I used to consider myself one.

GSP would be a real challenge to Khabib in more ways than Conor is. Prime GSP could takedown Khabib at will. His advantage would be he's bigger than him also.

Thoughts? In a way I was hoping that Conor would win so that the Danas/Chaels/ hypemachine would focus on the Khabib rematch and leave GSP alone.

But now that Conor is out of the discussion as a contender forever, GSP is the only thing that will interest Khabib for a one-off comeback fight.

So I fear that they really might make that trashy fight happen. I hope it does not.

khabib is not coming back man, imo. dana and gsp seem to want to make that a catch weight. Khabib wants LW. its not happening.

I think they'll go with this as it allows them to build up a match without holding up a title.

Alcohol disqualified Conor from MMA world back in 2017

Why wouldn’t anyone want to see this fight? GSP has a great style and size advantage to possibly beat Khabib.

Are you afraid that khabib mauls GSP or something?

If the UFC stepped up and offered GSP $30+ million to fight Khabib, he would accept no matter the weight. That would double his net worth. Khabib would try to wrestle and submit him, not knock him out. So the additional CTE risk is minimal.

It is a fight that would generate 1.5 million PPV buys at a minimum, with the potential for even more, along with getting new fans interested in the sport. The UFC should break the bank to make it happen.

I feel completely opposite, a Conor/Khabib rematch would be a joke. I can tell you how it goes, just watch the first fight. Conor had zero answers and no chance. GSP vs Khabib is THE FIGHT. So both in their primes I've got GSP 60/40. I would say if they met now at 155lb Khabib would be a decent favourite because the rust and weight cut. If it was at some kind of catch weight giving GSP the size advantage, but Khabib would obviously have the advantage of not being rusty it is a brilliant 50/50 fight. GSP is always in shape too :)

I had no interest in seeing Khabib decimate Conor again and was really hoping Conor lost last night, but feared he might of won by blitzing. :) Happy days PLEASE GODS OF MMA MAKE KHABIB VS GSP :)

It’s the lightweight division. One L does not put you out of contention for the title. Especially if you put up sales numbers like Conor does. With that being said I think Conor has a tougher time getting the belt again. The lightweight division has always been one of the best divisions, but this division has some monsters right now.

Why wouldn’t anyone want to see this fight? GSP has a great style and size advantage to possibly beat Khabib.

Are you afraid that khabib mauls GSP or something?

Yes I am. Because GSP is 8 years past prime and Khabib is right in it.

If the UFC stepped up and offered GSP $30+ million to fight Khabib, he would accept no matter the weight. That would double his net worth. Khabib would try to wrestle and submit him, not knock him out. So the additional CTE risk is minimal.

It is a fight that would generate 1.5 million PPV buys at a minimum, with the potential for even more, along with getting new fans interested in the sport. The UFC should break the bank to make it happen.

Yeah and IDGAF about all this.
What I care about is both fighters' collective legacy. The latter can only be tarnished by this money grab.
I hope they resist the temptation.

I think they'll go with this as it allows them to build up a match without holding up a title.
Khabib wants it for the title at 155 or so he's been consistently saying.

He did mention a catchweight once, but I think that was just a bluff. Ali has come out and said 155 and so did khabib later.

I feel completely opposite, a Conor/Khabib rematch would be a joke. I can tell you how it goes, just watch the first fight. Conor had zero answers and no chance. GSP vs Khabib is THE FIGHT. So both in their primes I've got GSP 60/40. I would say if they met now at 155lb Khabib would be a decent favourite because the rust and weight cut. If it was at some kind of catch weight giving GSP the size advantage, but Khabib would obviously have the advantage of not being rusty it is a brilliant 50/50 fight. GSP is always in shape too :)

I had no interest in seeing Khabib decimate Conor again and was really hoping Conor lost last night, but feared he might of won by blitzing. :) Happy days PLEASE GODS OF MMA MAKE KHABIB VS GSP :)

OK so we see it more or less the same. It just happens that you want to see it but I don't.

khabib is not coming back man, imo. dana and gsp seem to want to make that a catch weight. Khabib wants LW. its not happening.

Unfortunately that is a matter of negotiations I am afraid.

GSP has the best chance to beat Khabib. This is the best possible fight in all of MMA

No fucking way. He is too old. Speed, cardio and explosivity were already down in the Diaz fight. Then depleted noticeably in the Hendricks fight. And severely impaired in the Bisping fight.

There is no shame in admiting that GSP's prime was around 30-32. At 39 he is way past it.

The man is old. They should not do this fight, but if they ever do it, it should be at 170. GSP is ancient ffs.

Back