Is Dustin going to becaume a super star.

SerbBerserk

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Dustin already had a name but finishing Mcgregor definetely got him a ton of press and attention he otherwise wouldnt of got. Do you think the UFC will start to promote Dustin as one of their main stars like Israel Adesanya.

I hope.

He is top 3 greatest LW of all time, most entertaining fighter in the UFC, one of the nicest guy in the UFC.

Dustin has like 25+ UFC fights. A bunch of Fight of the Night Bonuses....

If he had the ability to breakthrough to "main stream star", it would have happened already.

you need personality and charisma to become a superstar. Dustin is boring , so no.

Yes. Nate and Khabib became superstars after beating him. Poirier beat him the best out of all three imo. I’m interested to see the numbers this fight did, because it doesn’t seem to get as much hype as when Diaz and Khabib choked Conor. I doubt it’s a top 3 of all time PPV as Dana said on the post fight presser

you need personality and charisma to become a superstar. Dustin is boring , so no.
Yeah, also there was no heat created between him & Conor before the fight, which is what propelled the boring khabib to be the star now

Dustin already had a name but finishing Mcgregor definetely got him a ton of press and attention he otherwise wouldnt of got. Do you think the UFC will start to promote Dustin as one of their main stars like Israel Adesanya.
I don't think he will. I think he'll become more of a star but superstar khabib level? I don't think so.

I hope so though.

He doesn’t act like an ass, so no...

Hell be as big of a star as Rich Franklin was.

I hope, likely not though.. not enough panache to attract the casuals

Not sure he has the personality to become huge but his stock definitely was boosted. “That guy that ko’d Conor” isn’t a bad moniker to have with the casuals.

I don't think Khabib was that famous amongst random people all that much before he beat conor. I don't know if Dustin will be a real star since he could lose from here, but I expect his popularity to rise significantly from here on out.

Last edited:
I don't think Dustin is interested in being a "super star".

Back