Did Hooker retire?

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Left his gloves in the octagon

Bit young, probably just pissed that he left his chin hanging out

I doubt it. I think it’s being made out to be much more significant than it really was. I think he was just frustrated. Went through all the fight island crap, being quarantined for weeks. Now has to wait a month to return home. Going through all of that just to get KO’d in 2 minutes, gotta suck.

Naw he's pissed cuz he knows his chin got cracked even after trying to maintain distance. Guy is shell-shocked after Felder and DP beat the piss outta him. Also dont forget about the crimes Barboza committed that other night.

Hooker's chin always carried his skills. He was an exciting brawler for a couple years, but now his brain can't hold up to the style. Prolly best for this guy to settle into the 10-12 range and not fight so many beasts in a row.

Naw he's pissed cuz he knows his chin got cracked even after trying to maintain distance. Guy is shell-shocked after Felder and DP beat the piss outta him. Also dont forget about the crimes Barboza committed that other night.

Hooker's chin always carried his skills. He was an exciting brawler for a couple years, but now his brain can't hold up to the style. Prolly best for this guy to settle into the 10-12 range and not fight so many beasts in a row.
harsh but true

There is something that stops me from liking Hooker, but the dude brings it in every fight. He was in two of the best wars of 2020, his win over Felder and his defeat against Poirier. Both were FOTY candidates.
He was caught early against Chandler, a dude that clearly has KO power too. But seems that Hooker left the chin exposed and paid the price.
Maybe he needs to work on his defense, but seems to me a solid fighter in the ring.
He will be fine. I hope that the gloves gesture was a spur of the moment.

It would be too bad if he did. He puts on entertaining fights. He’s not a title contender but he deserves more than to walk away and be given 0 fanfare. Not even a post fight interview. Hopefully he was just frustrated because of what happened that night.

He didn’t fight like himself vs Chandler. He doesn’t have the best defence to start with and usually uses his offence as his defence, except he didn’t have any of that either. Instead he just kept circling, not even countering when Chandler threw something. Not sure what the game plan was but you can’t end your career fighting like that. At least go out fighting like you normally do, in a banger to remember.

Well he gotten beaten by a manlet

whats funny is that manlet was also beaten by a smaller manlet in bellator.

but yeah hooker needs to realize he's not going to be champ. top 5 gatekeeper like al iaquinta or calvin kattar at best.

Maybe he's afraid of becoming like Chuck. He did take a ton of damage against I forget who where he was like out on his feet.

Back