Was John Morgan Out of Line When He Asked Conor About the Lawsuits, Or....

Leonard Haid

Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream
@red
Reaction score
...does anything go at a pre-fight press conference? I thought it was strange that Morgan brought this topic up, but that's me.

I don't think he should have mentioned it specifically; perhaps used a euphemism like 'outside distractions' imo.

Conor handled it well. Didn't evade, didn't get angry just answered straight up very matter-of-factly. Disaster averted.

Last edited:
Out of line? Not in the slightest. We're media, we're supposed to ask these questions. I am disappointed in the crowd booing the question, though.

I think it’s fair game to ask a loaded question like that if you inform the person beforehand so they have time to think about a response, otherwise you’re basically trying to “catch them out” and make them look bad, which is basically attack journalism.

John Morgan can do whatever the fook John Morgan wants.

DgVmvf_U8AAT6CL.jpg

The timing of it was odd and Johns delivery of the question was no appropriate. But none the less if he didn't ask someone else would have.

Out of line? Not in the slightest. We're media, we're supposed to ask these questions. I am disappointed in the crowd booing the question, though.
Just like when Marc Raimondi from ESPN was asking Dana White what happens if covid hits UFC 249 and gets cancelled. Audience did not like that question.

People just want to see fighters bleed inside the Octogan.

...does anything go at a pre-fight press conference? I thought it was strange that Morgan brought this topic up, but that's me.
No that's what journalists are supposed to do. What on earth could possibly be out of line with that question?

Side note, having fans at media press conferences is fucking retarded

Back