Why isn't it cool to wear UFC paraphernalia?

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
NBA, NFL, and NHL fans all wear jerseys and the look is pretty mainstream. Often they'll have team logos and stickers on their cars or they'll wear league themed clothing.

People do that with UFC stuff but they usually become a meme and I feel like people who wear or show support for UFC in public are ridiculed. Tapout was pretty big but that was more of a brand and even that got memed. UFC fans look down upon people that wear UFC gear. Whats going on here.

I literally lost a job (in my opinion) that I was overqualified for because I wore a UFC polo to the interview. The lady said they dont support violence or the promotion of it in the workplace when I emailed her asking why I was refused. I could have maybe took it to the labour board but it wasn't a dream job anyways.

s-l400.jpg

Similar to these.

wouldnt mind gettin one of them fight island shirts tbh

Age group and what = COOL goes hand in hand

At 42, I am not cool no more!

i would be ashamed wearing anything ufc related. i dont feel right representing human cockfighting which is not a sport by any means and should never be compared to real sports.

Regardless of whether it's cool or not, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out that you shouldn't be wearing that to a job interview bro. I'll sometimes wear NFL/NHL gear around but I'm not wearing my Seattle Seahawks jersey to a job interview.

We have to wait for the people who remember tapout and affliction to die off for ufc gear to be cool.

NBA, NFL, and NHL fans all wear jerseys and the look is pretty mainstream. Often they'll have team logos and stickers on their cars or they'll wear league themed clothing.

People do that with UFC stuff but they usually become a meme and I feel like people who wear or show support for UFC in public are ridiculed. Tapout was pretty big but that was more of a brand and even that got memed. UFC fans look down upon people that wear UFC gear. Whats going on here.

I literally lost a job (in my opinion) that I was overqualified for because I wore a UFC polo to the interview. The lady said they dont support violence or the promotion of it in the workplace when I emailed her asking why I was refused. I could have maybe took it to the labour board but it wasn't a dream job anyways.

s-l400.jpg

Similar to these.
I have a UFC 1 keychain but that's it lol.

Regardless of whether it's cool or not, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out that you shouldn't be wearing that to a job interview bro. I'll sometimes wear NFL/NHL gear around but I'm not wearing my Seattle Seahawks jersey to a job interview.

This. I assume TS was joking about the job interview part.....but ya. I don't think the fact that it was a UFC shirt was why you didn't get the job. Showing up in non professional attire shows a huge lack of common sense and professionalism. Might as well show up in flip flops and a baseball cap.

To TS's original question. I think it's b/c of the people who usualy wear the gear. Like a lot of people who rep UFC gear look and act like thugs and idiots. So it's not so much that the gear is looked down upon it's that most people don't wear the gear b/c they don't want to be lumped into that group.

s-l400.jpg

Similar to these.
Dude... you seriously went to a job interview in a UFC polo?
Even the UFC wouldn't hire you if you went to their interview like that.

Back