How do fighters sleep the night before a fight?

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
I get gas and can’t sleep on nights before I play soccer in the morning with 40 year old guys at the park

how do fighters set aside anxiety when they are about to be locked in a cage with another man (he/him) or woman (he/her) or other/non-binary (they)

Some dont. That was Paulos excuse. Thats why forrest popped a xanax the night before fighting anderson. Some are just bad asses that dont get in that fight or flight mode and are just calm and collected.

Strong regimented sleeping pattern, lots of relaxing things like none-caffeinated tea and hot baths, meditation, massage... That kind of thing is what i'd do.

Im not a pro fighter but whenever I was fighting guys in our backyard org I'd always go into bed earlier by about an hour or two and that would give me ample time to get my nerves in check and get a good sleep.

It helped alot and was part of my success. I must have gone through that 30 times and I have 29 KOs so obviously it worked.

It's gotta be tough especially with jet lag if fighting overseas

I sleep with a pillow n blanket usually and a good root.

It's weird, anytime I competed in sport, or had a promotion interview, driving exam, etc I would be brilliant at blocking it out and sleep like a baby

Unfortunately when it is time for the event, I would start butterflies

It's weird, anytime I competed in sport, or had a promotion interview, driving exam, etc I would be brilliant at blocking it out and sleep like a baby

Unfortunately when it is time for the event, I would start butterflies
I am similar good sir,Some pills also help calm my anxeity.

Im not a pro fighter but whenever I was fighting guys in our backyard org I'd always go into bed earlier by about an hour or two and that would give me ample time to get my nerves in check and get a good sleep.

It helped alot and was part of my success. I must have gone through that 30 times and I have 29 KOs so obviously it worked.
IDK what funnier. Making up that story, or actually fighting in a backyard 30 times.

I am similar good sir,Some pills also help calm my anxeity.

but won’t the pills slow you down the next day? I’ve taken ambien or nyquil on nights I really needed a sleep but I feel like I have vertigo the next morning

Depends on the person, and how they deal with fight anxiety..

Xanax and pray you don’t wake up after Xanned

Remember when Aldo ducked Conor the first time the night before, and they told McGregor in his hotel room about the change to Mendes and he still slept like a baby?
2fdjs6.gif

I get gas and can’t sleep on nights before I play soccer in the morning with 40 year old guys at the park

how do fighters set aside anxiety when they are about to be locked in a cage with another man (he/him) or woman (he/her) or other/non-binary (they)
You get stressed before playing with your friends...?
That's a new one.

Like people. Hopefully in a bed.
Actually Ortega sleeps on teh floor, he's weird.

IDK what funnier. Making up that story, or actually fighting in a backyard 30 times.

he's lying. he only fought like 6 times and I knocked him out and took the Backyard Fighting Championship belt for myself. I slapped his hand away when he tried to shake hands afterwards and Stipe Miocic who was in the area saw this and challenged me for it and I knocked him out too.

lol

Back