If Both of Their Careers Were to End Right Now Today, Jones or McGregor?

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Who would be remembered more fondly by MMA fans?

Jon Jones. Arguably the GOAT. One of the most dominating champions ever. Phenom. Multiple drug violations and scandals outside the cage.

Conor McGregor. Never had a doping violation but has been involved multi out of yhd cage shenanigans and lawsuits. Also never defened a belt but undoubtedly the biggest star MMA has seen thus far.

Jones. Come on man wtf? The dude hasn't been beaten and few have even come close
I don't think it's that cut and dry. For all that Jon has done, he still doesn't bring near the attention that Conor does

Cheater and didnt cheat. It's that simple. People need to understand what 'great' means.

Who would be remembered more fondly by MMA fans?

Jon Jones. Arguably the GOAT. One of the most dominating champions ever. Phenom. Multiple drug violations and scandals outside the cage.

Conor McGregor. Never had a doping violation but has been involved multi out of yhd cage shenanigans and lawsuits. Also never defened a belt but undoubtedly the biggest star MMA has seen thus far.
i think every single person missed what u were really asking. sad state of the world today, anyway, good question. Theyre both psychopaths so i really cant differentiate between the two. I would say conor solely based on the fact that he is more intelligent/charismatic so far more people fall for it. Jones on the other hand, probably due to his size has learned that he really doesn't need to keep the mask on for more than sparing moments because he will take what he was anyway through intimidation or "elitism." Again though, they're both of the same cloth, conor is just a better actor.

By MMA fans? I expect all MMA fans to remember both Conor and Jon.

Jones is practically undefeated and considered by many to be of if the GOATS, if not the GOAT. He will also be remembered for his controversies.

Conor will be remembered for bringing UFC to a new level. He was the first Double Champ and has recording breaking PPVs. He also has some controversies.

There are many "casual" fans who aren't really casual fans of MMA, but fans of Conor. They are a different type of fans, pretty much Conor fans, they only tune in for him. I don't consider them MMA fans, most probably don't know who Fedor, GSP, and Anderson Silva are.

A true casual fan will at least know most of the GOAT's and how great they are/were. They will generally watch UFC.

A hardcore fan will know more then that, like up and coming fighters, fighters who fought 25 years ago, and even fighters in other organizations.

Jones has been in some tense battles, that I followed nervously. But Conor have been in exciting fights and spectacular moments, both as a winner and a loser, something Jones hasn't been in a long time. Conor will be remembered more fondly. I'll still be rooting for Poirier though.

Jones is a drugcheat and McGregor is the biggest star the ufc has and will ever see. So possibly McGregor.

Conor. No PEDs, 2 div champ, funny, took bigger risks, 100X better at managing negative critiques, might have a soul, etc.

If by lose you mean win then yes, yes he did.
I don't know about you but my own opinion counts for more to me than some judges that have made more bad decisions than i've had wanks(that's a lot), and in my opinion Jones very narrowly lost to Santos(on one leg) and clearly lost to Reyes.

Back