Chandler is too little

this fight depends entirely on if he can close the distance and take Dan down, if he can't it's pretty much over before it begins

What does “another Askren” mean? Is Askren the only fighter to come from Bellator? What about Volkov? These casuals are actually hilarious. Askren was 6 years removed from his last Bellator fight as well. The inaccuracies are just comical. Just admit you don’t know shit about mma at this point.

Hooker spamming those calf kicks will get him taken down.

Hooker also doesn’t have the best cardio and abandons his set ups as the fight goes on. I can see Chandler hurting him to the body early to speed up that process.

I think he will lose to Hooker because it's a bad stylistic match up on paper, but Chandler is a beast and could get the finish. I think he might have a rocky start but will eventually go on a run similar to how Justin and Eddie rebounded from iffy starts in the UFC.

Hooker is probably a good showcase for him. He'll probably be able to take him down and work him. It'll be a decision though and Dana won't be pleased.

At least, he'll have a Alvarez type run which is at least a champion but it won't last. He's too small, too old and already been through too many wars.

What does “another Askren” mean? Is Askren the only fighter to come from Bellator? What about Volkov? These casuals are actually hilarious. Askren was 6 years removed from his last Bellator fight as well. The inaccuracies are just comical. Just admit you don’t know shit about mma at this point.
You say Volkov like he's been so successful thus far

Volkov has proved otherwise. He's done quite well for himself and I think the best is yet to come.

Definitely looked short next to Dan

I'd like to see him pull it off but I agree, I think he not only loses but gets finished.
I also agree, Chandler gets tired after 1.5 rounds as well and hooker is known for having good endurance. Unless chandler catches him in the 1st I see Hooker getting the finish later in the fight.

He is listed as 5’8” which is only 1” shorter than Poirier and McGregor. Not sure how accurate that is but many at lightweight are in that range. Olivera, Gaethje and Khabib are all 5’10”, Kevin Lee is 5’9” and Dos Anjou is 5’8”.

Hooker is tall for that weight class but that hasn’t made much a difference in his fights.

Hooker is a beast and Chandlers fighting style is going to get the patented Hooker knee ko.

He is listed as 5’8” which is only 1” shorter than Poirier and McGregor. Not sure how accurate that is but many at lightweight are in that range. Olivera, Gaethje and Khabib are all 5’10”, Kevin Lee is 5’9” and Dos Anjou is 5’8”.

Hooker is tall for that weight class but that hasn’t made much a difference in his fights.
It actually has made a difference in his fights. Made the striking exchanges favor him until he gets tired. Plus name a fight where he was taken down and held down for long periods of time in his fights. Chandler most likely catches a knee after failing to secure control from take down attempts. Plus Chandler is a bit chinny so so he can get clipped by a punch too and get rocked. I don't think he can KO Hooker, no one else has been able to. He went down from body shots only, I can see Chandler trying to replicate that but can catch a knee if he goes for it too often and it becomes overly predictable.

Askren and Chandler don't even have remotely comparable wrestling styles, let alone comparable stand-up. That's just an awful comparison.

That being said, it's hard to imagine Hooker not giving him problems. It's really an interesting matchup both stylistically and physically, super sturdy litmus test for Chandler.

I hope it's an awesome fight.

Chandler is an insane MONSTER ENERGY drinking BELLATOR beast, juiced to the gills and enraged by his interacial marriage and adopted son.

His unrelenting fury and anger will break Hooker into 1,000 pieces.

Back