Khabib "humbled" Conor

andrejxvii

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've come across this statement a lot today, in the comment section on youtube videos and even here on Sherdog.

Idk why people don't seem to understand the fact that Conor is the biggest star in the UFC by far, so wasting the energy on pre-fight promotion and trash talk is not as necessary as before.

Khabib beat Conor. Khabib would most likely beat Conor for a second time in the rematch, we get it.
However, don't make bullshit claims on behalf of Khabib that by beating him he "humbled" him, and thus made him more friendly towards future opponents.

Conor himself explained why this is so. He is older, more mature as a father, and sees no need for it anymore.

So move along.

I agree somewhat, he definitely doesn’t need to put time and energy into the pre fight antics anymore as the PPVs will sell regardless.

But if he were to get matched up with Khabib again, the nice guy schtick would stop immediately. He’s already been trashing him in recent interviews.

Conor turned face. He's playing the game. He'll be heel again soon when it'll make him money again.

I've come across this statement a lot today, in the comment section on youtube videos and even here on Sherdog.

Idk why people don't seem to understand the fact that Conor is the biggest star in the UFC by far, so wasting the energy on pre-fight promotion and trash talk is not as necessary as before.

Khabib beat Conor. Khabib would most likely beat Conor for a second time in the rematch, we get it.
However, don't make bullshit claims on behalf of Khabib that by beating him he "humbled" him, and thus made him more friendly towards future opponents.

Conor himself explained why this is so. He is older, more mature as a father, and sees no need for it anymore.

So move along.
Great words!!!!

omg someone tapped to a submission, so embarrassing!! go out like a real samurai bro!

stop talking lmao.
Theres difference between getting caught in a submission and giving the submission to your opponent

So move along.

Yeah yet another thing he's stealing from Floyd.

So move along.
Habibs words before the bout at ufc 229
'We're gonna make him humble'
Fast forward to Cowboy and Poirier bouts and Conor is truly humbled.
Im not saying the match with Habib had 100% to do with it but it did leave a mark on Conor as you can see him chasing the rematch even today. The legal stuff, loss of his aunt maybe, along with him being a father might have contributed as well.

conor mcgregor acted one way, then khabib happened, now he acts a different way

what more to it is there?

I doubt it's anything to do with the K Man

Conor's recent change is a down to a mixture of many things.

Dustin has pretty much always shown Conor respect since the first fight, most of their little twitter back and forths over the years have been pretty light hearted and the charity aspect of this fight meant it was never gonna get hostile, Conor has also basically never verbally went after anyone who hadn't already talked shit about him, he's not gonna just sit there abusing a guy who is showing him respect.

But the biggest thing is being a dad, anyone who doesn't have kids probably won't understand just how much it starts to change you, by the time they are big enough to understand what's going on you really want to set a good example, I imagine it has hit Conor even more so realising that his kids are gonna grow up and watch everything he's ever done, he can't change the stuff that's happened but he can show them a new improved version going forward.

But don't get me wrong, i'm fairly convinced if he is scheduled to fight someone who he has bad blood with or who decides to start the shit talking he'll be right back on it, hopefully he never gets back in the mindframe he was in for the Khabib fight though, i'm fairly sure he'll never want his kids to see those press conferences, he had really became a pretty demented man at that stage.

He's been fighting nice guys who he respects. Cowboy, Poirier.

Trust me, if this was Khabib it would be a totally different story. Same thing if it was Ferguson or Masvidal. There would definitely be a lot of trash talk and disrespect.
I agree on Masvidal, but not Tony, Conor has done a complete 180 on how he talks about Tony since his little episode, I think Conor senses that Tony is the type of guy who could go off the edge and hurt himself or others and he doesn't want to play any part in that.

Back