Media Video- Khabibs nutritionist doesnt know if raw items contain more calories than cooked

Joinho10

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

I don't know what to say man...I don't know how he made it this long with this guy and no wonder he had a bad weight cut for the Gaethje fight. He needs to fix up and hire a team of professionals or else this will come back to bite him.

And for all you that think Khabibs weight cut problems is him being too big for LW lol.
EeCYrktWAAAs0VV

Heres him when he had a real nutritionist for the Barboza fight and hinted at a potential drop to 145.

He parted ways with them just before the Conor fight as they were also Conors nutritionist and the reason being Khabibs team "didnt want no spies in their camp"

Last edited:
Doesn’t that depend on the type of food?

I may be wrong but I think this is just a friend of Khabibs (or a family member) not someone he's hired to specifically be his nutritionist. Again I could be wrong.

Khabib shouldn't have struggled with weight cutting as much as he did in his career.

He isn't a big 155er
It's a damn shame maybe with a better nutritionist we'd have seen even better fights from Khabib or even more activity. He needs to fix up ASAP and get a good nutritionist for him and his team.

Post a chart of DC and all of his disadvantages at HW and LHW.

Nice chart btw. Interesting leg lengths.

That’s not Khabibs nutritionist... Tyler Minton is Khabibs nutritionist. He’s also Holloway and DC’s nutritionist.

He’s one of the best in the game.

I may be wrong but I think this is just a friend of Khabibs (or a family member) not someone he's hired to specifically be his nutritionist. Again I could be wrong.
Most likely that's it but he's been his nutritionist for UFC 254 so I'm gonna call him that. Khabib needs to hire professionals from now on.

If he has to eat like a lady to fit into a dress just do the mainly thing and eat more than a carrot and an onion and a meatball for a meal.

Doesn’t that depend on the type of food?

150g of cooked meat have more calories than 150g of raw meat, because the raw meat will lose water content in the cooking process, so 150g cooked have more nutritional content are more calorically dense because they contain less water (generalizing, boiling might be an exception). Cooking also makes food more digestible, making nutrients easier to break down and absorb (which means more available calories in general too), and cooking oils add calories as well. If you don't use oils, (e.g. boiling, grilling) then the calorie content stays roughly the same for the same piece of cooked or raw meat/vegetable/starch, athough the calories/gram will change, because the food wil absorb/lose water content. The digestibility issue will still make the calories more available in the cooked food in general, but I don't think that's a huge consideration by itself, especially in certain foods that are impossible to consume raw (rice, potatoes, etc).

Last edited:
That’s not Khabibs nutritionist... Tyler Minton is Khabibs nutritionist. He’s also Holloway and DC’s nutritionist.

He’s one of the best in the game.

He is one of the best but Khabib parted ways with him mate. He did it right before UFC 229.

cooking takes things away, doesn't add anything so of course there are fewer calories after cooking plain that is.

150g of cooked meat have more calories than 150g of raw meat, because the raw meat will lose water content in the cooking process, so 150g of raw meat will have the calories of 100g of cooked meat (to give an example). The cooked meat is more calorie dense because it has less water (depending on cooking method).
Not that simple. Depends on how lean the meat is to begin with. Fatty meats will likely be more calorically dense raw than cooked unless the fat runoff if ingested with the cooked meat.
Say you have 150g meat, where 100g is lean, 10g is water and 40g is fat. That's 100*4+40+9=760 calories. If we scale that up so that a cooked equivalent weighs 150g, we may have 125g lean, 5g water and 20g fat. That's 125*4+20*9=680 calories. This case illustrates a scenario where fatty raw meat is more calorically dense than its cooked counterpart for an equivalent serving by weight. Case closed.

The real answer is ... it depends.

Now obviously if you start with any amount of meat and cook it, raw will always have more calories. That's why it's imp

It's a damn shame maybe with a better nutritionist we'd have seen even better fights from Khabib or even more activity. He needs to fix up ASAP and get a good nutritionist for him and his team.
Yea man there was that period of a few years where you just accepted there's a good chance he pulls out.

Seems like Islam is in that same boat but he is a few levels below khabib.

Nope I'm pretty sure cooked always contains more. I know meat does.
You're right with meat and close with veggies. Cooked veggies are easier to digest so, even though they don't have more calories, you burn less calories digesting them meaning you end up with more calories in you overall.

The things you learn. I only learned this because you said it and I didn't know this to be true. But you're mostly right. Thanks!

Back