Do you miss trash talking Conor?

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Or do you prefer the new Conor

He’s been pretty respectful now in the build ups to Cowboy and Poirier. Judging from his recent interviews it looks he’s matured quite a bit. But part of what made Conor into a Superstar was the trash talk/mental warfare he would do in the build ups to every fight. The Aldo, Mendes, Diaz, Khabib fights all had some level of animosity behind them and added an extra element of anticipation for the fights.

I get that he doesn’t need to really build a fight anymore and will sell a million plus PPVs regardless, but his last two fights haven’t had the same feel around them imo.

Last edited:
He’s been pretty respectful now in the build ups to Cowboy and Poirier. Judging from his recent interviews it looks he’s matured quite a bit. But part of what made Conor into a Superstar was the trash talk/mental warfare he would do in the build ups to every fight. The Aldo, Mendes, Diaz, Khabib fights all had some level of animosity behind them and added an extra element of anticipation for the fights.

I get that he doesn’t need to really build a fight anymore and will sell a million plus PPVs regardless, but his last two fights haven’t had the same feel around them imo.
Whatever makes him comfortable enough to get in the octagon. I just want to see him fight as much as possible

That's kinda gay bro

tenor.gif

I don't really mind either way. However I do think Conor would do well to up the trash talking and mental warfare for this one. That stuff clearly had a major impact on Dustin in their first fight. A calm, confident Dustin will be a much tougher test than an agitated emotional Dustin.

He’s already started some subtle mental warfare, saying he wants to get rounds in there but knows it’s not gonna happen because he’s gonna sleep Dustin early..

It's not that he's "matured" it's that he has PRbPR him and owns a billion dollar whiskey company an has a lawsuit against him as well and it ain't the first . Thats how these things work guys . I do miss trash talking McGregor though because that's hungry , ruthless McGregor . In the end though I just wanna see him fight while he's in his prime love him or hate him it's a special event when he fights . I'm just not going to believe the "line them up" (literally the same line) after last year .

Or do you prefer the new Conor

I prefer Conor being likeable for sure.

I like the version that talks trash and then gets his ass handed to him. It's a double edged sword.

Reminds me of the bully at school who picks on and beats up people but then after he gets a dose of his own medicine wants to be friends lol. I find the respectful Conor to be a fraud.

What’s new? Are people really buying into this fake persona he’s created? Like five second ago dude was blasting coke, pulling his wang out, punching old dudes in bars for not drinking his “whiskey”. This is the equivalent of checking on Machida to win some fans. Very fake. I prefer he own being a shit person and just keep sleeping dudes in the octagon like a savage

i mean he already beat dustin so it would be like a bully if he trash talks him.

What’s new? Are people really buying into this fake persona he’s created? Like five second ago dude was blasting coke, pulling his wang out, punching old dudes in bars for not drinking his “whiskey”. This is the equivalent of checking on Machida to win some fans. Very fake. I prefer he own being a shit person and just keep sleeping dudes in the octagon like a savage
^ This guy gets it

Back