Media Brendan Schaub on Dana & Spencer Fisher report

Some cliffs would be appreciated TS!

- Can’t believe Dana White was saying he suffers from similar things to Spencer Fisher when he ran a boxcercise class in Boston.

- Basically like saying you understand the PTSD of an Afghan vet because you played call of duty

- Spencer Fisher should be set for life and not have to teach little kids kickboxing classes

- Look after fighters with CTE like NFL and other professional orgs

- Can’t believe Dana White was saying he suffers from similar things to Spencer Fisher when he ran a boxcercise class in Boston.

- Basically like saying you understand the PTSD of an Afghan vet because you played call of duty

- Spencer Fisher should be set for life and not have to teach little kids kickboxing classes

Hard to disagree with Schaub here indeed.

And lol @ Dana claiming to be able to relate... what ab absolute c*nt.
<36>

I mean it's schaub, so nobody will care what he has to say. But he has some good points. For years Dana and co have been encouraging more violent fights by dangling money as an incentive performance bonus that he gives to his favorites. And then when the damage of said encouragement pops up he's there trying to wash his hands of it as if he had absolutely no influence on it with his bonuses and "never leave it in the hands of the judges" mindset.

Hard to disagree with Schaub here indeed.

And lol @ Dana claiming to be able to relate... what ab absolute c*nt.
<36>

I didn't listen to what Dana has said but I remember him saying years ago that he got jumped in the street many years ago by a few guys and they beat the fuck out of him, kicked him in the head a bunch of times etc and that's why he has this ear-problem still to this day (if anybody remember his ear problem)

Spencer fisher has been declared to work a job.

Dana white runs a massive sports monopoly.

There’s a pretty clear gap here. But yeah, it’s the same thing Dana.

I didn't listen to what Dana has said but I remember him saying years ago that he got jumped in the street many years ago by a few guys and they beat the fuck out of him, kicked him in the head a bunch of times etc and that's why he has this ear-problem still to this day (if anybody remember his ear problem)
<mma4>
That's crazy, had no idea that happened.

Schaub makes good points however at the same time, it seems any opportunity Schaub gets to shit on Dana he does.

I imagine Schaub himself received as many concussions playing in the NFL as he probably did in MMA. Also, Dana's comments above are stupid but why is Dana footing all the blame? There's other MMA organisations where fighters go before or after the UFC and take just as much damage, sometimes worse depending on the legitimacy of the promotion.

Also, surely any fighters issues should be moreso with the athletic commissions who allowed them to fight moreso than the UFC?

I mean it's schaub, so nobody will care what he has to say. But he has some good points. For years Dana and co have been encouraging more violent fights by dangling money as an incentive performance bonus that he gives to his favorites. And then when the damage of said encouragement pops up he's there trying to wash his hands of it as if he had absolutely no influence on it with his bonuses and "never leave it in the hands of the judges" mindset.
Do you know what "sport" you're watching?

brendan-schaub-ufc-1742.jpg

He looks better here than he does now.

Meniere's disease.

See below:
Meniere's disease.
Meniere's disease is an inner-ear condition that can cause vertigo, a specific type of dizziness in which you feel as though you're spinning. It also can cause ringing in your ear (tinnitus), hearing loss that comes and goes, and a feeling of fullness or pressure in your ear.

https://www.webmd.com/brain/what-is-meniere-disease
Symptoms of CTE, which occur in four stages, generally appear eight to ten years after an individual experiences repetitive mild traumatic brain injuries.[5]

First-stage symptoms are confusion, disorientation, dizziness, and headaches. Second-stage symptoms include memory loss, social instability, impulsive behavior, and poor judgment. Third and fourth stages include progressive dementia, movement disorders, hypomimia, speech impediments, sensory processing disorder, tremors, vertigo, deafness, depression and suicidality.[citation needed]

Additional symptoms include dysarthria, dysphagia, cognitive disorders such as amnesia, and ocular abnormalities, such as ptosis.[6] The condition manifests as dementia, or declining mental ability, problems with memory, dizzy spells or lack of balance to the point of not being able to walk under one's own power for a short time and/or Parkinsonism, or tremors and lack of coordination. It can also cause speech problems and an unsteady gait. Patients with CTE may be prone to inappropriate or explosive behavior and may display pathological jealousy or paranoia.[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy

The only similarities between the two conditions is dizziness; Dana is an idiot, but that's nothing new.

Schaub makes good points however at the same time, it seems any opportunity Schaub gets to shit on Dana he does.

I imagine Schaub himself received as many concussions playing in the NFL as he probably did in MMA. Also, Dana's comments above are stupid but why is Dana footing all the blame? There's other MMA organisations where fighters go before or after the UFC and take just as much damage, sometimes worse depending on the legitimacy of the promotion.

Also, surely any fighters issues should be moreso with the athletic commissions who allowed them to fight moreso than the UFC?
To answer your points:
Why is the UFC responsible:
The UFC is the pinnacle of the sport of MMA. The NHL has to be the leader in hockey. MLB in Baseball, NFL in football, NBA in basketball.

Why is Dana White responsible:
He is the "Face" of the UFC. He has always been the face of the UFC. He personally made $360 Million off of the UFC along with Joe Silva making a cut and Frank & Lorenzo Fertitta cashing in on the $4.2 Billion sale of the UFC. That value was as high as it was because of the Profit the UFC makes. That Profit is skewed much higher per dollar of revenue than most other sports leagues because the fighters are under paid and under compensated.

The commissions do not make profit off of the backs of the fighters. Commissions are not responsible for projecting the future health of the fighters.

A large part of the wealth the Zuffa era owners/management pocketed should be in some sort of fund for retired fighter pension or healthcare. Its a difficult thing to balance but the money has flowed to a select few

1. The Goof was an amateur boxer and got beat up alot in Sparring way before boxercise days. He also got jumped and beat the fuck up in street by thugs. He suffers from effects of the beating. He even did surgery for it that didnt work.

2. UFC doesnt owe these guys that coverage because they are independent contractors. Its a dangerous sport, not some kind of secret. You take the risk.

3. Fighters arent dumb, they know the danger they are taking when they sign up to get constantly hit on head. This isnt a situation like NFL where they would actively hide what they knew about brain trauma. What the NFL was doing was wrong.

4. This Spencer guy fought for other organizations before too and kept fighting in UFC when he shouldnt have. He is a grown man and placed himself in this situation. His team and family are to blame as well they shouldn’t have let him fight more.

5. Schaub is an idiot and the last person you would ever want to quote

I’m often amazed by Dana’s ability to perform mental gymnastics in order to justify his stance on certain issues, eg “ this isn’t a career it’s an opportunity “
But him being able to compare any abuse and the long term effects of his boxer size class compared to what this poor guy has to live with for the rest of his life shows that he’s either completely delusional, or he has the ability to just lie through his teeth because he doesn’t want to just admit in public that he doesn’t care about anyone’s long term well being

Upon reaching a certain number of UFC fights (maybe 12 or so), fighters should qualify for healthcare benefits upon retirement from the sport and a pension (starting around age 45-50 with the ability to elect to receive it earlier at a reduced amount).

Back