Chandler must be pretty pissed

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I know it's Conor fight week and naturally all of the attention will be on him and Dustin.

But I've barely heard too much of the MMA Media really covering Chandlers debut, all we've heard from Chandler himself is how he wants top guys, talking about how he'd beat most of the top guys and how he only really wanted big fights.

Even on Sherdog I haven't really seen any threads in the last week commenting on this fight.

It seems Chandler was talking himself up a lot more than anyone else seems to be, especially this week.

I'm a bit indifferent to Chandler but I'm suprised there is such little hype around his debut.

I think he gets it done against Hooker but is the lack of talk around Chandler down to solely because he's fighting on a Conor card or are people not really that bothered to see Chandlers debut that much?

Last edited:
so sick of hearing about him and his gift opportunity that at this point i would fight chandler myself just to see him shut up and fight. Should be Pitbull in there in my glorious opinion, getting introduced by a ring girl with tits bigger than adesanya's juicy bolt-on

Last edited:
I don't see why it would be a big deal that he's fighting. Being a Bellator champion is nothing special and you just have to look at Will Brooks' UFC career to see how a Bellator champion might fare in the UFC.

Plus I'd imagine a good deal of people haven't even heard of him.

I wouldn't be, if my UFC debut was a co-main to a massive PPV, against a top ranked opponent, if be happy to show my skill, imagine if he KOs Hooker badly right before a Conor fight.

He's co-main eventing on a Conor McGregor card. I'm sure he's as happy as a pig in shit.

basically what these guys have said!

Also IMO he’s getting more than enough of publicity from the MMA “press”. Outside that when do any fighters get mainstream press for their UFC debut

I favor Hooker, but it wouldn't be bad if LW gets some new blood injected into it with a Chandler win.

Nothing against the guy but I am baffled how a guy with 0 ranked wins in the last 8 years (and multiple losses) is being pushed to the front of the shark tank that is LW. The same division as a guy like Charles riding a huge win streak...

I don't see why it would be a big deal that he's fighting. Being a Bellator champion is nothing special and you just have to look at Will Brooks' UFC career to see how a Bellator champion might fare in the UFC.

You just have to look at Benson Henderson to see how a ufc champ would do in Bellator.

You just have to look at Eddie Alvarez to see how a ufc champ would do in OneFC.

Worked for Eddie.

Might be better for Chandler to keep a low profile. Between his appearances on MMA on point ranking the lightweights, his assessment of being able to beat khabib and his claims that he'll be the lightweight champion by the end of 2021...sure would be embarrassing if he gets absolutely crushed by Dan Hooker. Who will likely never break through to the top 5, let alone become champion.

You think he is pissed now ?

Just wait untill he gets knocked out this weekend

giphy.gif

I know it's Conor fight week and naturally all of the attention will be on him and Dustin.

But I've barely heard any of the MMA Media really covering Chandlers debut, all we've heard from Chandler is how he wants top guys, talking about how he'd beat most of the top guys and how he only really wanted big fights.

It seems Chandler was talking himself up a lot more than anyone else seems to be, especially this week.

I'm a bit indifferent to Chandler but I'm suprised there is such little hype around his debut.

I think he gets it done against Hooker but is the lack of talk around Chandler down to solely because he's fighting on a Conor card or are people not really that bothered to see Chandlers debut that much?
This is a big stage. He will get noticed if he as a good fight on Saturday. Look what happened to Masvidal.

But I've barely heard any of the MMA Media really covering Chandlers debut, all we've heard from Chandler is how he wants top guys, talking about how he'd beat most of the top guys and how he only really wanted big fights.

Not worthy

He got his own little 40 minute interview video on the UFC Youtube channel.

eddie alvarez came over from bellator
justin gaethje from world series of fighting...etc

what's your point? you can give an example of 1 guy that terribly bad and now others suck as well?

he needs to prove himself for sure, but referring to will brooks is lame. for every fighter that did bad there is an example of a fighter from another org that did good.

It's his debut

Got co main event spot

Got featured on the Countdown show

There are literally dozens of interviews of him about this fight

I think you may just be slow

eddie alvarez came over from bellator
justin gaethje from world series of fighting...etc

what's your point? you can give an example of 1 guy that terribly bad and now others suck as well?

he needs to prove himself for sure, but referring to will brooks is lame. for every fighter that did bad there is an example of a fighter from another org that did good.

Moraes aswell from WSOF aswell. Easy to use the Will Brooks flop as an example I guess though.

Back