Rumored Is the myth of prime Fedor dying?

Oceanmachine

Tidwell belt
Banned
Reaction score
I believe it is.

I am a HUGE Fedor fan but at the end of the day

He was a 5"11 (181cm) chubby muscular small HW. In reality he was the size of a MW which explains how he got BRUTALLY KO by a MW. A real HW with the frame and size of a HW would not be Flash KO by a medium sized MIDDLEWEIGHT!

Discuss

The thing is a GOAT would not be KO by a MW and also destroyed by Big Foot and Ryan Bader.

Edit: I BELIEVE Fedor beats Cain, Lesnar, Couture, and possibly even Cormier. Styles make fights. However, Overeem, Ngannou, Blaydes, JDS all beat him as does Stipe.

Last edited:
8dd98a3db2d133a8573ec165e088a55c.gif

Fedor was past his prime when he thrashed Sylvia in under a minute and knocked Arlovski into another dimension while airborne. Today, Fedor in his prime with his reflexes, strength, timing, aggressiveness and diversity of his attack would possibly be the best Heavyweight in the UFC. I think he would anyway.

Primes matter. Context matters. Fedor is one of the GOATs. It's no myth.

Look guys, the TS is a HUGE Fedor fan. It’s right there in the post

I’m as skeptical as the next person but we have to look at the facts

We have a HUGE Fedor fan pointing out the Fedor wasn’t very good. I mean, doesn’t that settle it? That’s a fact. It’s undeniable. If even a huge Fedor fan is saying that Fedor wasn’t very good how can we say that Fedor was good? It’s science, whether any y’all like it or not

You gotta understand, in the real world of combat sports, by the time you’re 33, your prime is OVER. Just look at all the great from Tyson to Ali. Yes there are outliers, like George foreman and randy couture. But usually, by early 30’s you’re done because you’ve most likely been doing it since you were 18. So at 33, that’s 15 years of combat. That’s insane. Randy didn’t start until he was like 34 and had a style that didn’t rely on speed and reflexes like a fedor. Fedor was a striker who can grapple. Once he slowed down, all his advantages went out the window.

I don't understand why you're bringing up fights after his prime, in a thread that is supposed to be about his prime. Literally every single person in the history of this sport (and other sports) declines if they hang around long enough. We've seen it with Anderson, we've seen it with Aldo, we're seeing it with Jones, and we of course saw it with Fedor as well.

Answering the title question, yes, but it will never fully die, as it shouldn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back