This is the definition of a 50/50 fight

Agreed. Going to be a hell of a fight. It is being overshadowed by the fights this weekend, but it should not.

I agree. My gut say Chiesa takes it but nothing would surprise me

After whoever wins have beaten the other guy up :p
200w.gif

It's gonna be a good one. I got Magny though...

I think the biggest question about this fight is, how good is Michael Chiesa? I love Magny, but he has proven himself to be the gatekeeper of the Top 10 at this point. If Chiesa beats him, then that definitely proves he's ready for a top 5 opponent.

I feel like stylistically, this match favors Magny more, but maybe Chiesa can work the same gameplan Demian Maia used. The thing is, that was Demian Maia. I have no idea who wins, but I think it will be more exciting than people expect.

Easy fight for Magny IMO. I think he has the skills to keep it standing and his striking is much better. I feel like Magny is still growing as a fighter and Chiesa peaked a few fights ago.

Could be wrong, that’s why they fight.

I favor Magny in this one. I think he has good enough grappling keep michael off of him and he has better MMA boxing. Magny is very underrated because of his lack of power.

Magny 29-28

I think Magny overwhelms Chiesa. I suppose you could argue that their skill sets are close and cancel each other out. But I think Magny has a clear advantage in cardio and toughness. It might be close (and probably a bit lackluster) for a while, but I think Magny will eventually build up a head of steam and dominate late.

Leaning towards Magny but Chiesa has looked pretty good lately

I think magney dominates him. But with the way magney approaches his fights now, a decision win seems more likely

Thought this was Burns/Usman . Can't pick a way to lean. Besides the want for Burns to KO him early.

It’s actually the definition of a 53/47 fight

in favor of Magny

I just cant get excited about this matchup.
This would be an okay fight to start a main card PPV.
Main event not even close.

I give it 2 yawns out of 5.

Chiesa has solid takedowns and magny has piss poor takedown defense

Magnus been subbed 3 times ....but always to bjj black belts ....I don't think chiesa subs him

The question is can chiesa ground him for 5 rounds ..... I think he can for 2-3 ....but he might gas out then neil bangs him out ....

All depends if chiesa has gas to ground him for 5 rounds ..... In a 3 round fight id take chiesa ....in this 5 round fight I bet on magny , but I'm not confident .

Back