Worst instance of being wrong and casuals being right?

Leben beating Wanderlei.

I remember this TUF noob who never watched a Pride fight telling me how crazy Leben was, and me telling him how he’s a scrub and Wand is just gonna take his lunch money.

After the fight he went on about told you so as if he was some MMA expert, it was absolutely sickening.

<{clintugh}>

Last edited:
I don't remember who was fighting, but my father (who doesn't even watch MMA) was watching one of hte UFC events with me and the gang at my apt. My dad ends up getting drunk and in one of the fights he kept saying "just grab his neck and you'll tab him out", he kept saying that for 2 rounds and we would tell him that its not that simple in MMA....then once one of the fights took the other guys neck and tapped him out....my dad just goes on to lecture us on how easy MMA is to win.

Disagreeing that CM Punk has MMA skills...

a6b657d133d524634d6e93d465778488.gif

"you guys don't know who eddie alvarez is" or something like that thread

Brock beating Couture. That Brock was a gimmick.

Did you see the weigh ins? I'm not sure how anyone picked Randy at that point.

Brock was so much bigger and has legit collegiate wrestling creds.

For me it was Brock beating Heath... All be it Dam Mirgliotta had something to do with that

After that maybe Mendes just dropping his hands vs Connor
One of the fights that convinced me that I should not pick fights with so much confidence was Mir's first fight against Nogueira. I was watching the fight with my wrestling teammates in college and I was always the dude they would go to for briefing them on fights as I was the team's MMA nut that had all the trivia on all things MMA related. Well, I assured them that no matter what, Nog had a huge advantage everywhere, and then Mir went out there and was the first dude to ever defeat Nogueira by KO/TKO and it was not even close. Now I preface most of my predictions with acknowledging all possibilities; some fights more than others of course.

Well, Aldo & Conor was for sure one. Randy & Brock not so much, mostly because of size difference IMO.

But this is MMA, and I always start my prediction with "In MMA anything can happen, one good punch can change the course of a fight"... :D

Back