Conspiracy theory: Dana White wants Dustin to win

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Dana white says the real decision is next week after the 257 fight card. If Conor wins, he's going to want his next fight to be for the title with or without khabib.

Dana white knows this but Khabib is telling him he's retired he's done all he's needed to do. Dustin winning buys Dana more time to convince khabib to come back. Conor if motivated, climbs the lw ladder wins a couple of top contender fights which gets the hype going that he's learned from his loss and ready to fight khabib again. Khabib might finally be intrigued because he 'deserve this'.

Tl; Dr Dana white probably wants Dustin to win because it buys him more time to try to convince khabib to come back and gets more contender fights out of Conor that way

Last edited:
No chance.

Dana wants it put the minimum possible number of variables between him and getting the Khabib v Conor rematch in the cage.

Anything that involves Conor losing damages that fight and puts it happening in doubt, Dana wants fuck all to do with that. This was clearly the mindset when they booked Cowboy last year as his return fight.

No chance.

Dana wants it put the minimum possible number of variables between him and getting the Khabib v Conor rematch in the cage.

Anything that involves Conor losing damages that fight and puts it happening in doubt, Dana wants fuck all to do with that. This was clearly the mindset when they booked Cowboy last year as his return fight.
Yeah you're most likely right but I don't see how he can convince khabib to fight Conor coming off just a Poirier win

Lmfao
tenor.gif

If Conor loses to Dustin his stock will permanently crash
I think Conor has millions of loyalists. That he can blonde back. His stock should have plummeted losing to Nate. It didn't.

There are still fans repeating what mcgregor said about the khabib loss as fact

Yeah you're most likely right but I don't see how he can convince khabib to fight Conor coming off just a Poirier win
Dana believes in his ability to get this stuff done, I mean he thought he could get Khabib to do TUF with Conor without even having had a fight for a year!

He’s banking on Conor knocking out Dustin in quick and spectacular fashion, which he thinks will make Khabib refusing after saying he ‘wants to see what they’ll do’ look like a bitch move.

On top of that he’ll pitch it to Khabib as the biggest thing ever and the GSP thing won’t happen etc etc. Still might not work but I see his gambit there for sure, and even if Khabib refuses initially as soon as Conor starts pouring on the scorn in interviews Dana knows a proud guy like Khabib can’t just sit and take that doing nothing.

Bigger Conspiracy: I don’t think Dana gives a shit who wins or loses. I think think he is far more concerned with things going right with the production/administration things of the event and that fight outcomes are just a trivial concern

It's ok man. Not my best work. If people want to shit on it, have at it. Sometimes we have those days where we shot 0/13 from three lol. This is mine

It makes no damn sense but you tried bro lol.

Dana believes in his ability to get this stuff done, I mean he thought he could get Khabib to do TUF with Conor without even having had a fight for a year!

He’s banking on Conor knocking out Dustin in quick and spectacular fashion, which he thinks will make Khabib refusing after saying he ‘wants to see what they’ll do’ look like a bitch move.

On top of that he’ll pitch it to Khabib as the biggest thing ever and the GSP thing won’t happen etc etc. Still might not work but I see his gambit there for sure, and even if Khabib refuses initially as soon as Conor starts pouring on the scorn in interviews Dana knows a proud guy like Khabib can’t just sit and take that doing nothing.
You're right. I overlooked dana white's deterministic Nature in trying to get stuff done.

He's a persistent guy and might actually believe he can get khabib to fight Conor.

Well, Toss this thread in the trash.

The reason why I came with that angle because he gave khabib an out this week which hinted to me he's grasping for straws and that he just needs more time to try to convince khabib. I really don't see how a week will change khabibs mind so that's why I came up with the conspiracy.

But yeah I overthought it

I think Conor has millions of loyalists. That he can blonde back. His stock should have plummeted losing to Nate. It didn't.

There are still fans repeating what mcgregor said about the khabib loss as fact
It's different.

Right now is his "Redemption Arc", he can't afford to lose to Poirier, whom he beat in 40 secs before... His "comeback" narrative vanishes and so will many of his fans

Back