News Dana White confirms that Jon Jones will get winner of Stipe Miocic vs Francis Ngannou 2

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
"UFC president Dana White says Jon Jones will get the winner of the upcoming heavyweight title bout between Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou."

V4dbji8N

"White confirmed that Jones is in line to get a title shot against the winner of UFC 260’s Miocic vs. Ngannou."

“Heavyweight. Jon Jones is going to move to heavyweight. We’re going to have Stipe vs. Francis, and the winner of that will probably fight Jon Jones,” White said.

“The guy’s been the king of the light heavyweight division forever. I think he thinks it’s time to move up to heavyweight. He knows his body, he knows his abilities, he knows better than anybody else does. But it’s impressive. Let me tell you, who wants to fight Francis Ngannou? The answer is nobody, okay? Nobody wants to fight that guy. But Jon Jones does. Pretty impressive,” White said.

“Me and Jon Jones have been (butting heads) for 10 years. We had probably the best conversation we’ve ever had since we’ve known each other around the holidays. And to me, he seems like he’s in the right place. He’s doing all the right things right now, he’s saying all the right things."

Do you agree with Dana White giving Jon Jones an immediate title shot against the winner of Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou?

Full story here: https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...-winner-of-stipe-miocic-vs-francis-ngannou-2/

I rather they fed him a tune-up just so he can see how he feels at HW. Someone like Rozenstruik or black beast, just to act as Jones's punching bag.

Seriously. Props to Jon, its been a long time coming. Although I don't think this is the best time in his career for the switch but some will argue that the HW division hasn't ever been weaker (it has).

It's gonna be an epic fight. Stipe vs Jones is a fight that is two decades in the making. Promotional HW goat vs LHW goat.

good point... it’s technically a Goat vs goat fight and they are in their primes arguably.

Reactions: JKS
Jones VS Stipe would be a mega fight. I would be absolutely hyped for it.

Jones hasn’t been the same since he tested positive multiple times and was given numerous suspensions. USADA kept a close eye on him after that and his performance really suffered. He squeaked by his last several fights. There wasn’t a hint of the creativity that we saw earlier in his career or the ability to do things that no one else is able to. It’s been a long time since we saw that Jones.

Maybe I’m wrong but I expect a relatively flat Jones to lose to either Stipe or Ngannou. That being said, Jones is gaining quite a bit of weight. Maybe USADA is taking the pandemic off?

what a goat. deserved :)

"UFC president Dana White says Jon Jones will get the winner of the upcoming heavyweight title bout between Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou."

V4dbji8N

"White confirmed that Jones is in line to get a title shot against the winner of UFC 260’s Miocic vs. Ngannou."

“Heavyweight. Jon Jones is going to move to heavyweight. We’re going to have Stipe vs. Francis, and the winner of that will probably fight Jon Jones,” White said.

“The guy’s been the king of the light heavyweight division forever. I think he thinks it’s time to move up to heavyweight. He knows his body, he knows his abilities, he knows better than anybody else does. But it’s impressive. Let me tell you, who wants to fight Francis Ngannou? The answer is nobody, okay? Nobody wants to fight that guy. But Jon Jones does. Pretty impressive,” White said.

“Me and Jon Jones have been (butting heads) for 10 years. We had probably the best conversation we’ve ever had since we’ve known each other around the holidays. And to me, he seems like he’s in the right place. He’s doing all the right things right now, he’s saying all the right things."

Do you agree with Dana White giving Jon Jones an immediate title shot against the winner of Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou?

Full story here: https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...-winner-of-stipe-miocic-vs-francis-ngannou-2/
do not agree. he should have to face at least overeem or rozenstruik or someone of that calibre first. he lost to reyes and santos and arguably gustafson. i really think ngannou could beat him. definitely stipe will.

Man I just wanna see him fight
Overeem
Werdum
Volkov
Struve
JDS
Gane
Francis
Stipe

I'm not opposed to Jones getting a title shot off the bat, surely he's put his years in the game. But it might not be best for him. Surely it would be wiser to test drive the new body, as it were, first?

A promoter promoting a possible fight? No way! Dana has been saying he'd like to see Jones fight the winner. Here he says "and the winner of that will probably fight Jon Jones" ...last week it was "in a perfect world Jon Jones fights the winner" ...so he's confirming that this is what he'd like to see happen, that's it. Jon will talk shit on social media and do whatever to promote himself so what he says is meaningless imo. Has he signed something saying he'll fight the winner etc? this is the only stuff that matters and even after that it's usually only about 50/50 if that these huge fights even happen. Throwing confirmed around when nothings confirmed is very dana white'ish. I hope i'm wrong but I would literally bet things don't play out this way at all.

As far as title shot right off the bat, I think it's totally fine, there isn't a line of contenders and it's Jon Jones.

Last edited:
Back