Why would we NOT want to see Conor vs Khabib 2 ?

PrideisRizin

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I just watched this fight twice for the first time since it happened. No sound the first time and commentary for the second.

How in the fckn world would you not want to see this again? I had a couple paragraphs typed up on my perception of this fight. In all honestly though it was close. Conor did better then probably anyone other then Magomedov against khabib on his undefeated record.

Why would we not want this fight to happen again?

All Conor fans want the fight. Almost all general fans of the sport want the fight. It’s the absolute biggest fight the sport can make right now. Why in the world do some people not want this fight?

Khabib is great. So is Conor. What other fight as an unbiased fan would you want to see for either fighter?

I’m a Connor fan but I don’t see it turning out any different. No one can avoid the takedown and you can’t catch up with 30 years of grappling/wrestling.

It might be a little closer but the same final result.

I just watched this fight twice for the first time since it happened. No sound the first time and commentary for the second.

How in the fckn world would you not want to see this again? I had a couple paragraphs typed up on my perception of this fight. In all honestly though it was close. Conor did better then probably anyone other then Magomedov against khabib on his undefeated record.

All Conor fans want the fight. Almost all general fans of the sport want the fight. It’s the absolute biggest fight the sport can make right now. Why in the world do some people not want this fight?

Khabib is great. So is Conor. What other fight as an unbiased fan would you want to see for either fighter?
Khabib rematches are pretty pointless considering he dominates everyone he faces. Gotta hand it to the guy, he doesn't leave loose ends.

About as compelling as a Jon Jones vs Anthony Smith rematch...

They’re not on the same level and it’s clear as day... only CASUALS can be duped into paying for that lopsided match up.

4196.jpg

I want to see Khabib move up to 170.

All of the greats have moved up in weight. I'd like to see what Khabibs got.

I think Khabib wins again and I think there's no evidence the rematch would be different.

My interest in seeing Khabib fight is him beating different style matchups. Checking shit off the checklist. Oliveira would be another thing to check off. Before, it was the wrestler thing, the striking guy, now its the on the ground guy.

I would only interested in seeing conor fight khabib if like conor was blitzing everyone. Which is likely to happen now that khabib isn't there.

Conor needs to grab a belt for it to truly be as hyped as their first fight. There’s nothing Conor brings to the table at this moment other than a 40 second knockout of Cowboy Cerrone.

ni fight for khabib is interesting due to his style no one at the moment has the answer. well not anyone at 155. conor has done aswell as anyone and is qn interestibg fighter and can get the ko.

Thats why people want it . anyone who pushes too hard against it is just nervous.

Also if he wants gsp he need to fight at gsps weight. gsp would already be giving up age and the fact hes long retired,

Conor has done nothing to deserve it yet.

He has had two years.

I don't think beating a guy who he beat before, and Khabib ran over already makes this rematch anymore compelling, considering he was dominated, despite cheating non stop.

ni fight for khabib is interesting due to his style no one at the moment has the answer. well not anyone at 155. conor has done aswell as anyone and is qn interestibg fighter and can get the ko.

Thats why people want it . anyone who pushes too hard against it is just nervous.

Also if he wants gsp he need to fight at gsps weight. gsp would already be giving up age and the fact hes long retired,

I agree. The score was 2-1 going into the fourth. For some reason people seem to think it was extremely lopsided. The first round was all about one take down that was defended for the most part of the round. Khabib took round 3 off due to being tired. Conor came close to catching him multiple times. The styles alone? The best grappler vs the touch of death. If it was so one sided wouldn’t it be the same result? And as a khabib fan would u not want to put a worse beating on him ?

I’m not saying Conor would win by any means but if he is truly back in the right mind state and training properly again and acting somewhat humble I think the second would be much more interesting then the first.

If conair wins the belt or beats the top contendor im all about it

From a big fight, huge event buzz standpoint hell yes, and I do think Conor is someone who will improve as long as his body allows him to. But I think Khabib has too much of a head start in the grappling. He'll beat him again. While Khabib vs Oliveira is interesting as I put Oliveira's BJJ up there with the best.

Back