Most Shocking Moments in MMA That Didn't Really Shock You

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
What are the most shocking moments in MMA that didn't really shocked you as a fan?

daniel-cormier.jpg

-DC vs Stipe 1. I just really had a strong gut feeling that DC is the much better fighter at HW the first time they met. I think people may forgot how he was "Black Fedor" on Strikeforce and he hits hard and can knock people out with one shot. With their styles, size, and caliber and how DC was undefeated at HW that time, I just can't see him losing that night. Yep, I jumped on my seat when the KO happened, but wasn't really shocked.

Yoel-Romero-Dana-White-UFC-248-Post-01-750x370-1.jpg

-Yoel getting cut in 2020. He's an amazing fighter and the UFC gave him plenty of chances but unfortunately he came up short in those opportunities. With his age and his previous win/loss record, I wasn't really surprised tbh when he got released. Hope he does well in Bellator

maxresdefault.jpg

-Khabib retiring after the Gaethje fight. When I heard about his dad passing away during the Covid pandemic, I know it's gonna hit him hard. Losing one of your parents is one of the most devastating things that could happen to a person, especially with how close he is to his father and how they're always together in every fight. I know the strong emotions may have affected his will to go on, and I'm not shocked by his decision to take some time off after this experience. Somehow I knew it was coming tbh.

What are some of yours?

Conor throwing a cart at a bus. That's some straight up Attitude era shenanigans, and seeing how Conor models his swagger walk after Vince, it's not as shocking
tenor.gif

Also JDS knocking out Werdum. Even though JDS was new, Werdum looked totally out of shape at the weigh in, and was looking past JDS for the title shot. You can't be that careless in the HW division where everyone has one punch KO power. Also JDS was looking TST with a semi decent hairline
fabriciowerdum1.jpg

3160DDD0-1422-0E8C-9A4447226FC7AB03.jpg

Last edited:
I predicted Doom finishing Cain, and Izzy clapping Whittaker with zero resistance

Reactions: Gio
I had a bad feeling going into UFC 70. Even Randy Couture called Gonzaga getting the upset. But that headkick still haunts me 14 years later.

I thought Hunt would beat Wanderlei,and he did. But Wanderlei did way better than i expected. Probably it it wasnt short notice hunt kos him. Bad style matchup.

Gonzaga over mirko. Didnt expect headkick ko but mirko had nothing for him in their first fight.

Rashad koing chuck.

RR losing to holm. Big fish, small pond.

Lesnar winning the belt.

Forrest beating rampage. He game planned well.

Tito koing chuck. Just lolololol

Gonzaga over mirko. Didnt expect headkick ko but mirko had nothing for him in their first fight.

Rashad koing chuck.

RR losing to holm. Big fish, small pond.

Lesnar winning the belt.

Forrest beating rampage. He game planned well.

Tito koing chuck. Just lolololol

Wow, that used to be the most shocking thing I've ever seen in the UFC. It was unreal that time

Roy Nelson knocking out Big Nog. I should have bet my house on that fight but unfortunately I never bet on MMA.

Reactions: Gio
Back