Chandlers chances of beating Hooker

STRYDG

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As I never followed Bellator how is he rated in terms of the current top 10 light weights? Might be a bit tricky to answer and competition was different, MMA math never works and fights can be random but... How do you guys rate him against Hooker and where he may fit in the current rankings (unbiased)?

Last edited:
Id say 60% to 40% in favor of hooker...this is a pretty tough match up for chandler...

Not his toughest match up in the division but hes giving up quite abit of reach and height to hooker..my thinking is he has to get the fight to the ground or hes done on the feet..hooker will stop him if given 25 mins to work on the feet..

If chandler can get him down... He can win and stop stop hooker on the floor...

Chandler's legit

He hits like a truck and gas great grappling .

Hooker is a bad matchup for him though ....as hooker is incredibly durable , and chandler is a little chinny .

I predict hooker wins ....but even if chandler loses in 10 seconds , chandler still belongs!

Id say 60% to 40% in favor of hooker...this is a pretty tough match up for chandler...

Not his toughest match up in the division but hes giving up quite abit of reach and height to hooker..my thinking is he has to get the fight to the ground or hes done on the feet..hooker will stop him if given 25 mins to work on the feet..

If chandler can get him down... He can win and stop stop hooker on the floor...
Chandler's going to be eating knees attempting TD's against Dan.

As I never followed Bellator how is he rated in terms of the current top 10 light weights? Might be a bit tricky to answer and competition was different, MMA math never works and fights can be random but... How do you guys rate him against Hooker and where he may fit in the current rankings (unbiased)?

People were trashing Jiri before he KO’d Oezdemire. You never know how these guys are gonna perform under the bright lights

he lost his lw belt at bellator to a featherweight he also has losses to alverez and will brooks former ufc fighters that didnt do to hot in UFC

Also has wins over two ufc champs

I think he takes Hooker to the ground and controls him.
It's his debut for the UFC at the tail end of his career, he has to find it and I think he will.

Not good....one in a million?

I guarantee Hooker learned a lot from that loss to Poirier. I doubt he loses two fights in a row.
I think Hooker mentioned something after that fight about having to change his style a bit, and not be so willing to get into those dogfights. even if he brawls a bit with Chandler, I think Hooker wins. unless his chin suddenly is 'cracked' after the Poirier fight, but doubt

I'm honestly not sure. Keep in mind Hooker was getting taken down by Poirier.

Chandler heading towards to twilight of his career, but he has been an exceptional fighter.

I don't like him, but I also want a Bellator guy to win and silence the noob fans. I'm very torn.

I don't think people are giving Chandler a fair chance. He's the more athletic fighter and he's extremely powerful and explosive. He has a very good chance of winning.

I'd say Chandler has like a 30-35% chance of winning.

Hooker has many advantages over him.

Back