Kattar's first post since the loss

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score

Hopefully he takes six months off with no contact training. He'll be back by the end of the year reminding everyone why he's a legit top guy in this division. Always a fan of this guy. He'll learn from this.

One of toughest humans walking the planet.

While this is true, I'm actually rather relieved that he told Dana that's NOT what he wants to be known for. Before this fight yeah people had an idea that he was a Dog, but he was mostly known and touted for his good MMA Boxing, after this fight especially to new viewers he's gonna be seen as the "Tough guy" instead of the skilled MMA Boxer he is, and I'm glad that he quickly tried to brush aside that notion.

Kattar is a good MMA Boxer, and a future world Champion, at least that's how he sees it in his mind, and that's a good thing and how he should keep it. Despite the praise getting heaped his way, he knows there's no participation trophies, and eating as many shots as he did isn't anything to brag about.

the guy's got a good attitude, but he did NOT belong in that octagon with Holloway. He's 32, so no, this is not a "He's still young...give him some time..." type of thing. He can put on some entertaining fights, but he's not a championship contender.

Crazy how he survived

AbandonedMarriedBlackrhino-size_restricted.gif

ElaborateAngryFlea-size_restricted.gif

Hope he bounces back. No shame in losing to one of the greatest to ever do it. Take some time off and restart. He's gonna learn a lot from this experience. Respect

That must be some humbling shit, to be considered an example of an mma fighter with great boxing and get schooled like that in your own game. I'd rather be flash koed by wrestler or something than to be taken to school from opening bell in what's supposed to be my own strength

the guy's got a good attitude, but he did NOT belong in that octagon with Holloway. He's 32, so no, this is not a "He's still young...give him some time..." type of thing. He can put on some entertaining fights, but he's not a championship contender.
Max is just that good. He could do that to pretty much anyone in the division.

I never said any of that. I said he'll be back reminding everyone that he's still a top guy in that division. That said, emmet is 3 years older than kattar and knocking on the door of a title shot himself. Edgar was 6 years older than Kattar when edgar got his last title shot. So yeah, no need to be a debby downer my man. Kattar still has opportunities in front of him.

Last edited:
Hope he bounces back. No shame in losing to one of the greatest to ever do it. Take some time off and restart. He's gonna learn a lot from this experience. Respect

He can definitely bounce back from this. I hope he takes time off to heal, learn from this fight and comes back better just like Ortega did.

Got his elite boxing butt out-boxed & demolished but what a tough mofo.

It happens to some of the best. Ask TJ dillashaw, José Aldo, and many other great strikers who got their asses beat down by better strikers. Unfortunately Kattar, or rather his corner, was too stubborn to quit so he took the beating of a life time.

Hopefully he takes six months off with no contact training. He'll be back by the end of the year reminding everyone why he's a legit top guy in this division. Always a fan of this guy. He'll learn from this.

He should take a year off at least. Hopefully hes not too damaged because theres a lot he can work on after this fight.

I never said any of that. I said he'll be back reminding everyone that he's still a top guy in that division. That said, emmet is 3 years older than kattar and knocking on the door of a title shot himself. Edgar was 6 years older than Kattar when edgar got his last title shot. So yeah, no need to be a debby downer my man. Kattar still has opportunities in front of him.

I never replied to your post. Regardless, Kattar is above average but will never fight for a belt.

Tough waking up on Monday and realizing you’ll never touch the belt.

He should take a year off at least. Hopefully hes not too damaged because theres a lot he can work on after this fight.

I doubt he takes a year off, but yeah, he needs a long lay off with no contact. He can still do conditioning, shadow boxing, footwork drills, and many other things to improve. Just nothing that involves head trauma. I think we'll see him again towards the end of the year.

His coaches were pretty critical of Moraes' team when Moraes fought font three months after getting knocked out by Sandhagen. They said "if my guy was knocked out, he wouldn't even be sparring after three months, let alone fighting"

So i like to think they'll take ample time to recover from this.

Back