Media Alex Volkanovski wants to eventually fight Conor at LW: 'I want GOAT status'

It’s kind of silly when people try to talk big when their competitors fight and do well. It’s the other guys night. Cant blame them or the media who asks the questions for drawing attention to themselves but I always personally find it forced.

Volkanovski can absolutely beat Conor. Volk has extremely high IQ so he would come with a solid gameplan and not start swinging a-la Aldo. The guy is a cardio machine and has a strong wrestling game. I think he could do a lot of what Chad did to Conor but at at higher level and without gassing out.

Dude has a murders row waiting for him at FW right now. Ortega, zabit, yair, max again and maybe Kz or kattar will get a shot at some point and who knows, cejudo might try to get the strap. If he gets through them he is on his way towards being one of the greats for sure.

I respect his fearlessness.
This is what I like to see.

Volk has a fair shot, I favor Conor heavily though.
When people call out Conor McGregor it is not out of fearlessness, its clout chasing. If he was trying to achieve GOAT status he would have used Khabib's name.

I don't say this to praise Khabib over Conor or to bash Conor. It is simply the way it is IMO.

When people call out Conor McGregor it is not out of fearlessness, its clout chasing. If he was trying to achieve GOAT status he would have used Khabib's name.

I don't say this to praise Khabib over Conor or to bash Conor. It is simply the way it is IMO.
He's already used Khabib's name in the past. I think he's just going for big names, big fights. I can't say I blame him too much though.

coincidentally , he does this on a conor fight week. So he and his manager know what the fuck they're doing in terms of getting traction

Back