Arlovski first UFC event was UFC 28

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He is still fighting for the organization, we are now at UFC 257....

His next fight is scheduled for UFC FIGHT NIGHT 185 the 20 february 2021...

Just an appreciation thread about the longevity of that legend....

He have to become HOF the second after his last UFC fight ends.

Absolute respect for the wars he’s been and managing to somehow regain his chin in the HW division and stay competitive with the young athletes he’s been fighting

He is still fighting for the organization, we are now at UFC 257....

His next fight is scheduled for UFC FIGHT NIGHT 185 the 20 february 2021...

Just an appreciation thread about the longevity of that legend....

He have to become HOF the second after his last UFC fight ends.
I don't like to celebrate longevity. Guys fighting when they are older is a symbol for lack of pay and possible mental health issues later on. Ideally guys would fight until 35 max barring a few exceptions and be able to retire comfortably. I don't like to watch diminished guys fighting late in their careers. This is a young man's sport. I do appreciate him as a fighter and wish him well.

His first fight in mma, he was KO’d by a madman, but he kept coming back for more. The story of this man’s life. He is the true pitbull.

I don't like to celebrate longevity. Guys fighting when they are older is a symbol for lack of pay and possible mental health issues later on. Ideally guys would fight until 35 max barring a few exceptions and be able to retire comfortably. I don't like to watch diminished guys fighting late in their careers. This is a young man's sport. I do appreciate him as a fighter and wish him well.

these guys have a need to compete that us laymen can’t understand. I don’t think it’s always about the money. Sometimes they continue to fight just because their body allows them .

Arlovski is a multi millionaire. Hes fighting cause he wants to

Arlovski gets paid fairly well. If i remember correctly he got paid a million + just for the fedor fight.

Arlovski gets paid fairly well. If i remember correctly he got paid a million + just for the fedor fight.
I looked it up, 1.5 million. He's made good money for his career. Hopefully he's been smart with his money so he can have a good life after fighting. He deserves it.

He is for sure not doing this for money anymore... The guy is well paid and used to be champion

His chin is gone, he needs to retire before it's too late.

Man, if he had better striking defense over the years, he might’ve had a much longer reign as champ. He was definitely a better fighter than Sylvia and probably would have beaten most other HWs in the UFC at that time.

Yeah impressive longevity. You have to be concerned for his mental health though, he has taken some punishment over the years.
He seems pretty sharp lately, and unlike most guys who just can't "hang 'em up", his recent fight IQ (in terms of defense and NOT taking head shots) is fantastic. Good for him.
P.S. he's also picking up big, juicy checks quite frequently.

Back