DC said your face gets calloused from sparring

AtlSteel

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
DC made a comment that Max's face was reddening faster than usual because he hadn't been doing full sparring in training camp, so his face didn't have the calluses you get from sparring. I thought it was a bizarre thing to say. Hardy tried to backpedal a little for him and said that sparring does get you used to getting hit, but he was talking about how you react to it.

Don't ask, I've never seen it in any other fight, but the look Max had in his eyes last night was indicative that Max could be comin' for the champion again.. Most of us thought/think he won, anyways. That was an intense stare from Max all fight. I think he has that "look in his eye" now and is sick of being denied a P4P GOAT. That guy has all the potential in the world. It's nice to see him realizing it.

I do know from boxing, repeated strikes to the face (even with protective head gear) does toughen up the skin as long as it doesn't split and lead to a cut.

Mind you boxing gloves are much larger with a lot more padding, as such that is probably a factor.

Scar tissue is a different story though. It doesn't tend to swell up when impacted like regular tissue and is usually tougher (unless again the skin is split).

Get leather rubbed against your face repeatedly and the skin in your face will toughen up yes

the human body is amazing that way

lets celebrate being human beings for a while

built to adapt and overcome almost anything

fuck yeah

I trained for 10 years and had a few fights and have never heard such a thing before.

I got a scar tissue lump on my forehead so yeah he’s not wrong. Didn’t happen from a match either.

DC is annoying. He can’t open his mouth without taking over the mic for a solid 15 seconds straight. Meanwhile there’s a fight going on. And he’s adopted Rogan’s favorite phrase.. He’s hurt. Laughs all the time like an idiot, too.

It’s a toss up for me which is worse. DC or Rogan. I’d like to see them both gone.

DC was talking out of his ass all night. He was saying a lot of weird shit, like he was drunk or something.

DC made a comment that Max's face was reddening faster than usual because he hadn't been doing full sparring in training camp, so his face didn't have the calluses you get from sparring. I thought it was a bizarre thing to say. Hardy tried to backpedal a little for him and said that sparring does get you used to getting hit, but he was talking about how you react to it.
Was just a weird way to try and add drama to the fight. Lol put yourself in their shoes, tring to make that fight any bit competitive

Hence why the Diaz bros. never cut. All them callouses.
Never cut?
How’d that go for ol’ Nick when he fought KJ? Really most of Nick’s fights involved him bleeding. Dude got plastic surgery to try to get rid of scar tissue so he would cut less.
Nate bleeds all over the fucking place most fights as well.

EDIT: I’m a dumbass. Didn’t detect the sarcasm in @mkw ’s post.

Last edited:
Never cut?
How’d that go for ol’ Nick when he fought KJ? Really most of Nick’s fights involved him bleeding. Dude got plastic surgery to try to get rid of scar tissue so he would cut less.
Nate bleeds all over the fucking place most fights as well.
:eek:

Just a bit of sarcasm my friend, meant to refute Cormier's hypothesis. Everyone knows Diaz brothers are notorious for bleeding because of their scar tissue.

Its true. Just like when you first start going to the gym you will callouses but then your skin toughens up

Back