Is there any chance conor vs dustin goes the distance ?

Jinx_AA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Obviously there's a chance .....but does anyone predict and truly believe it will go the distance ?

Odds pay huge if you think so .....I bet it goes under 4.5 rounds .

I feel like Conor's a front runner with highly questionable gas tank .....he either finishes you quick or will gas out and be finished himself .

Combine that with poirier who almost never goes to the cards .....should be a guaranteed finish under 4.5 either way ?

Lay a 10r down and let us know how you get on.

There have been so many "no way this ends up with the judges" fights that its impossible to predict anything these days.

McGrooger R1 KO

Lay a 10r down and let us know how you get on.

There have been so many "no way this ends up with the judges" fights that its impossible to
predict anything these days.

I put 250 down on it in a parlay with max and kattar over 2.5 ....and ribas to beat rodrigues

I'm so bored with covid lockdown , that I'm betting on everything like an idiot.....I also have another parlay same as above but added hooker and magny to win ....

McGrooger R1 KO

The odds of this fight going the distance are very low.

McGregor will either finish Porier in the first 1-2 rounds most likely, or Porier will finish McGregor after he slows down/gasses in 4-5.

Someone already said, obviously it's possible. But I'd bet the odds heavily favor a finish here for either guy. McGregor has been to two decisions ever in his UFC career, one was after he tore his ACL in round 1 (Holloway) and the other was against Diaz at 170.

Porier/Hooker made it the distance but I think that was rather a miracle or a Kattar/Holloway esque thing, it seemed like someone should have went down. Porier has gone to 8 decisions out of 22 UFC fights, only 3 decisions at LW and one was against a granite chin Holloway the other was aforementioned Hooker. If there was a prop with good odds of this NOT going the distance, I might have to hammer it.

Derrick Lewis vs Ngannou suggests it very well could.

NeoNo.gif

Please no.

No, Conor will gas at 3.5 minutes with his added bulk, Dustin will choke him out in the 2nd
For Mcgregor to gas in 3.5 minutes he'd have to throw, a lot. And when Mcgregor throws he lands. So if he throws a lot (and lands a lot) when he's fresh as a daisy it won't go into the second.
For Poirier to do anything other than throw feints, leg kicks, or clinch in the first would be a terrible idea 'cos he will get countered every time. So no Mcgregor won't gas in the first, he'll win it. It will look like Mcgregor Alvarez without the repeated knockdowns if Poirier doesn't commit and lead with a cross everytime like an idiot. Then late in the 2nd round is when Poirier has to pick it up.

For Mcgregor to gas in 3.5 minutes he'd have to throw, a lot. And when Mcgregor throws he lands. So if he throws a lot (and lands a lot) when he's fresh as a daisy it won't go into the second.
For Poirier to do anything other than throw feints, leg kicks, or clinch in the first would be a terrible idea 'cos he will get countered every time. So no Mcgregor won't gas in the first, he'll win it. It will look like Mcgregor Alvarez without the repeated knockdowns if Poirier doesn't commit and lead with a cross everytime like an idiot. Then late in the 2nd round is when Poirier has to pick it up.
He will be trying to get off his back

It is a crazy sport so there is always that chance :)
Highly unlikely however, thankfully somebody is getting finished :D

It really shouldn't.
Conor can win anywhere from rounds 1-3, whereas Dustin can win anywhere from rounds 3-5. Maybe Dustin can win in the first 2 rounds if he counters Conor well.

Dustin should have the power to finish a fatigued Conor. He has more power than Nate, who stunned a fatigued Conor bad in round 2.

I want it to go the distance, it sucks when you get hyped for a big fight and it ends in one round, and if Poirier lasts 2 rounds, it definitely could.

Say what you want, but Conor does look the best he's ever looked, and he did seem to come back in the 4th round against Nate, I don't know if Poirier will be putting on that same pressure, and if he is, then he is getting knocked out, so Conor should definitely be able to go 5 rounds if he is dictating the pace

Obviously there's a chance .....but does anyone predict and truly believe it will go the distance ?

Odds pay huge if you think so .....I bet it goes under 4.5 rounds .

I feel like Conor's a front runner with highly questionable gas tank .....he either finishes you quick or will gas out and be finished himself .

Combine that with poirier who almost never goes to the cards .....should be a guaranteed finish under 4.5 either way ?

yes cause that how dustin wins conor will gas out like he does and that how dustin wins round 3 4 5 to win 48-47

He will be trying to get off his back
Poirier won't be able to take Mcgregor down in the first and if he managed to take him down and control position Mcgregor will be content to ride the round out like Vs Khabib and Mendes. He won't use a significant amount of energy to stand up.

Poirier won't be able to take Mcgregor down in the first and if he managed to take him down and control position Mcgregor will be content to ride the round out like Vs Khabib and Mendes. He won't use a significant amount of energy to stand up.
Ok

I doubt that

yes cause that how dustin wins conor will gas out like he does and that how dustin wins round 3 4 5 to win 48-47
If Mcgregor gassed before the third and it went to a decision, there'd be a point where he finds his second wind. There's a reason Anthony Joshua gets to a point where he can barely stand but then comes back and koes people like Klitschko and Povetkin. So I doubt Poirier wins 3 rounds in a row but he can get the stoppage.

Back