Why did Dana Think the prelims were meh?

krelianx

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It sounded in the presser like he didn't watch the fights. The prelims were actually excellent:

1) Lingo vs. Kilburn was intense and competitive, crazy first round, and great fight overall.

2) Emeev vs. Zawada - Again, another very competitive, very exciting back and forth fight. Both looked really good.

3) Felipe vs. Tafa - So much fun. The end of the second was awesome, and overall the fight was even and toughly fought.

The gals didn't deliver, but 3/5 were excellent.

Last edited:
It sounded in the presser that he didn't watch the fights. The prelims were actually excellent:

1) Lingo vs. Kilburn was intense and competitive, crazy first round, and great fight overall.

2) Emeev vs. Zawada - Again, another very competitive, very exciting back and forth fight. Both looked really good.

3) Felipe vs. Tafa - So much fun. The end of the second was awesome, and overall the fight was even and toughly fought.

The gals didn't deliver, but 3/5 were excellent.

I actually thought the chick fight was decent. Lots of interesting scrambles and grappling exchanges. I thought the Panamanian chick looked pretty good.

He wants rock em sock em robots or people with IT factor.

Dana's a casual is kind of true in that sense.

Yea thought was weird too. The Moras/Melo was the only one that was bad.

I guess he wanted to impress casuals because of ABC

5/5 decisions = who gives a fuck

If you really want to stand out, finish a fight. Decision fights that get remembered are a rarity and for good reason.

Yeah noone remembers obscure fights that go to decision like Zhang/Joanna, Jones/Gus, Izzy/Gastelum, Shogun/Hendo and Figgy/Moreno

5/5 decisions = who gives a fuck

If you really want to stand out, finish a fight. Decision fights that get remembered are a rarity and for good reason.
Errr espn top 2 fights are decisions.

The foty last year was a decision, same with the runner up.

Dana crying inside he couldn't get Khabib to commit to anything

Back