I don't buy the announcement

Skeptic_Zero

I immigrated from Siberia to Alaska.
@Blue
Reaction score
I think khabib told dana he's definitely retired, and Dana told him he wanted him to wait one week and that he was going to honeydick us for another week just to boost the next PPV.

Then when khabib officially retires following that event, nobody can prove that this was his intent.

then why the hell they meet up at all

I kinda agree with TS

It was basically a dog and pony show announcement to get people to tune into the UFC now on ABC.

MAYBE a chance he comes back for a rematch with a McGregor if he wins.

100% Dana wants McGregor to win so he can book McGregor Vs Khabib 2. He can talk all good about the other top lightweights but all he wants is Conor to win. Biggest money fight

Khabib wants to see if Poirier somehow wins else he will stay retired.

It was basically a dog and pony show announcement to get people to tune into the UFC now on ABC.

MAYBE a chance he comes back for a rematch with a McGregor if he wins.

Yeah. I guess if I were Khabib I might come back for a very easy, big money win. Won't do much for his legacy but will help him cement his retirement and do more of what he wants to do outside of the cage.

1. Khabib told Dana to go do one and is actually retired so Dana is talking BS for his own gains.
2. Dana is blowing smoke up the wrong tree and behind the scenes Khabib vs GSP is being negotiated as Khabib's last fight.

1. Khabib told Dana to go do one and is actually retired so Dana is talking BS for his own gains.
2. Dana is blowing smoke up the wrong tree and behind the scenes Khabib vs GSP is being negotiated as Khabib's last fight.
I mean technically he's not retired yet

I think khabib told dana he's definitely retired, and Dana told him he wanted him to wait one week and that he was going to honeydick us for another week just to boost the next PPV.

Then when khabib officially retires following that event, nobody can prove that this was his intent.

the real point is ufc 257 doesnt need to be a title fight to sell ppvs and conor is looking to box the test of 2020 so why risk the belt being help hostage and stripping conor again

how would saying khabib might fight at some other ppv at some other date at some other location garner more ppv buys for this event?

Dana is a master promoter. There’s a big fight next week, watch it and you’ll find out. It was an announcement of an announcement.

It also made a bunch of eyeballs tune into ABC to help with ratings.

Back