Rumored Khabib's Decision has Affected 2 Fights for UFC 257

Winners of those 2 fights will fight for the belt, Khabib faces GSP at catchweight. Easy math.

EDIT: possibility 2 would maybe be Conor vs Dustin is a title fight. I wouldn’t put it past Dana to say “Khabib you can have anything you want if you defend the title for 30-0 against Conor. I’ll give you the GSP fight and full co-promotion/big dollar checks to invest in your own promotion after.”

Last edited:
He will announce the decision today at 3pm EST on ABC

Dana says Khabib's decision has affected both the main event between Dustin and Conor, and also the co-main between Hooker and Chandler

Dana already said he wouldn't make that Conor vs Dustin fight for the title. But he's also full of shit so.

Me thinks that Conor/Porier is for the title because Khabib vacated to fight GSP at 170. Hooker/Chandler is the no. one contender fight.

Dana said for him to fight again he had to drop the LW title, so he 1) dropped the title so he’s def coming back 2) why would he drop the title in the division he’s about to fight in again

Irish plumber vs Low-IQ "keep backing up to the fence which is what Khabib wants" guy is for the title. Other dudes are fighting for the next shitle tot.

If the GSP fight's happening then....WOW. That'll be my most anticipated fight of all time.

I just can't see them announcing that today though. I don't think there's been enough time to get all the conditions negotiated to satisfy both parties.

“The bout between Poirier and Mcgregor is now for the unified lightweight championship of the world”

If this happens, Conor getting an instant title fight after a win at 170 lbs, and having 1 win in 4 years at 155, I don't think I'll ever understand that, ever. It's pure inside politics.

Back