Just re watched Holloway v Poirier

Antix

Champion Cheeto Fingers
@Green
Reaction score
For some reason I had it in my mind when I watched the fight originally that Poirier dominated from start to finish without any real issues - I think my mind just acknowledged how much heavier Poirier’s punches were.

But Max rocked Poirier a number of times especially rounds 3 and 4 had him pressed against the cage just unloading shots, landed some really solid counter strikes which stumbled Poirier as well.

Holloway took a knee towards the last minute of round 4 that caused some significant damage and he was struggling after that for the remainder of the fight.

How well Holloway was able to land in that fight on the feet considering he has way less power and precision at this weight in comparison to Mcgregor makes me strongly believe Mcgregor takes Poirier out in the first round.

Would love to see Poirier win but he’s too hittable and is not near the standard of boxing Conor has and doesn’t have the wrestling or level of jiu jitsu required to really dominate in that area unless Conor is completely gassed.

I have Conor winning unless he's dropped off the edge of a cliff, but I'm hoping for the upset.

It was a great war, but the punching power difference was really obvious.
Yeah that's all I remember. I was a little drunk and only watched it once but from what I remember Max has more volume but didn't seem to hurt Poirier and anytime Poirier hit Max it seemed to have an effect on him.

Conor is better than Max/Dustin in the first 2 rounds, and then his performance goes down. He is an power/explosive fighter who prefers to finish the fight quick.

Max usually does better in the middle-later rounds, usually bcuz his opponents are fatigued, as seen vs Aldo and Dustin. He is an endurance/cardio type fighter.

Dustin does better at having good pacing throughout the entire fight while having good power, but the other 2 have better peaks at their respective rounds. Dustin is both an power/explosive and endurance/cardio type fighter. He is less explosive than Conor and has less endurance/cardio then Max. But at the same time, he has more endurance/cardio than Conor and is more explosive then Max.

It was really impressive that Dustin was able to overcome Max towards the end of their fight.

If I were to assign them stats of power:cardio, Conor would be 70:30, Max would be 30:70, Dustin would be 50:50.

I just rewatched Biodome.

Poirier is the only guy who's ever legit stunned Max. Aldo landed some huge shots on Max too but Max stayed right in front of him.

You just watched it for the first time and it's a rematch

You rewatched a fight of two Connor victims to see which one is less terrible?

No need to over complicate this one. Conor is going to smoke him. Awful matchup for Dustin.

It was a great war, but the punching power difference was really obvious.

Power and size.

Poirer looked substantially bigger then Max, who didn't spend any time moving up, he just took a fight at 155lbs.

Dustin is a much bigger guy compared to his featherweight days and the size disparity between them was really obvious.

Back