Conor said he had a meeting with Dana and Lorenzo about the Khabib rematch in 2020

JAL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
timestamp
I thought Lorenzo was done with the UFC when sold it in 2016, is the Dude still involved?

he would never bullshit anyone for attention. that's outrageous

Khabib is petrified after seeing what healthy and sober Conor 2.0 did to Cowboy at UFC 246.
If he sparks Dustin in under 60 seconds like Mystic Mac predicted then no way in hell we will ever see Khabib fight again.

He's always saying he has meetings with Dana and Lorenzo, toasting whiskey with them etc.. Because it sounds cool. He's been saying it since 2013.

Shits getting old now.

I suspect that the main reason that Khabib doesn't want to rematch Conor is because the first time, he had to sit there while Conor did his thing; dishonoring his wife, father, and religion. We all know how strongly Khabib feels about those things. Why would he sit through that again? And of course, Conor is a dangerous opponent. I don't doubt the thought of the possibility of actually losing to such a man who had disrespected him so much is unbearable. He's beaten him once. Why expose himself to the possibility, now, of losing to him?

The best chance Conor would have of the rematch is if he publically apologized for all of those things he said to Khabib, but I think he's much too proud for that.

Khabib is petrified after seeing what healthy and sober Conor 2.0 did to Cowboy at UFC 246.
If he sparks Dustin in under 60 seconds like Mystic Mac predicted then no way in hell we will ever see Khabib fight again.
Gaethje did essentially the same thing to Cowboy. Khabib fucked him up.

Hell, RDA did the same thing to Cowboy too. Look how Khabib/RDA went.

Now, suicide your account.

His full attention should be on Poirier, even thinking of other opponents is stupid.

conor saying khabib ducked tony all day yet he defended both belts 0 times and ducked EVERYBODY for years

this guy is so delusional

Last edited:
I suspect that the main reason that Khabib doesn't want to rematch Conor is because the first time, he had to sit there while Conor did his thing; dishonoring his wife, father, and religion. We all know how strongly Khabib feels about those things. Why would he sit through that again? And of course, Conor is a dangerous opponent. I don't doubt the thought of the possibility of actually losing to such a man who had disrespected him so much is unbearable. He's beaten him once. Why expose himself to the possibility, now, of losing to him?

The best chance Conor would have of the rematch is if he publically apologized for all of those things he said to Khabib, but I think he's much too proud for that.
I don't think it's about the disrespect as much. If his mom gives her blessing I don't think he'll come back for anything other than GSP at this point. He seems to be all about competition and aside from getting a lucky shot in the Conor fight won't go differently. I'm on Conor fan but I'm not sold that we saw an unprepared, unmotivated Conor. Even the GSP fight won't do much for me at least. Would be sort of interesting because of GSP's takedown defense and I think he could jab him to death on the feet but I still think eventually Khabib works his gameplan. I don't think a win does too much for Khabib because for me he's beating him way out of his prime.

Back