Do WWE wrestlers on average make more than UFC fighters?

tripleo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
genuinely curious
Just got into watching fake restling

The WWF/E have made more household names than these cage fighters.

Oh and...

tenor.gif

I think a significant amount more, however the ufc has a wayyy bigger roster (doesn't mean they shouldn't be getting paid way more than they do)

There is no point in comparing them, because
1) WWE Wrestlers are actors who "act" like a hundred time in a normal year
2)UFC fighters are competitor who fights 2-4 time a year

And yes they are making a lot more money, but this is not the same job at all.

It depends. Vince McMahon makes you sign these insane contracts where they own your entire gimmick and ring name. So you cannot even use your ring name in your social media or appearances outside of the WWE. Imagine if Conor was not allowed to call himself 'Notorious' or Silva 'Spider' because UFC owned those nicknames. WWE also does not allow social media like Twitch streaming where you can make huge money in donations which is a major point of contention among WWE stars. They also sign you into contracts where you basically make appearances or endorsements over anything even if you do not use the WWE name.

People think that the Reebok deal was terrible? The WWE has things that are far worse. Also WWE has always been notoriously cheap with things like hotel and airfare compensation or daily allowance for food or travel. But UFC is also often terrible in that category as well. Currently the WWE wants it so that anyone under contract with them that makes money through social media like Twitch or Cameo must do so through the WWE and split the money with the WWE.

WWE is just like UFC for the athletes in terms of money potential. Champions can make millions as movie stars or from commercial appearances. Some might get flash in the pan money (Nate Diaz, Masvidal). But most make almost no money and basically ruin their bodies and minds always chasing that dream of true stardom. Not forgiving business. I used to cover sports professionally (baseball, football) and I routinely saw the horror stories of failed athletes from smaller sports like boxing, mma, and wrestling with destroyed bodies and souls and little money to show for it.

Can we get some actual numbers on this?

Other can Conor McGregor, UFC ain't got much on the WWE. The WWE is at its lowest point and it's still beating out MMA

WWE Wrestlers are constantly flying from one city to the next, peforming up to 4 times a week. It’s a more grueling schedule that doesn’t allow for much down time.

Wrestlers got to do alot more for that cheddar. Its a completley different way of life.

Matt riddle makes over 500k a year so yes
How big is he in the grand scheme of things now? I hear he's in the WWE now which i assume is the pinnacle of pro wrestling. How big of a character is he? I know nothing of wrestling.

It's not even close. Though during a normal year not this pandemic crap WWE wrestlers work about 300 dates a year.

The wwe has a similar show / win purse like similar combat sports. Roman reigns has a 50K/50K contract

• Brock Lesnar $12million
  • John Cena $8.5million
  • Roman Reigns $5million
  • Randy Orton $4.5million
  • AJ Styles $3.6million
  • Seth Rollins $3million
  • The Undertaker $2.5million
  • The Miz $2.5million
  • Kevin Owens $2million
  • Dolph Ziggler $1.5million
  • Ronda Rousey $1.5million
  • Becky Lynch $1million
  • Sheamus $1million
  • Jeff Hardy $1million
  • Bray Wyatt $1million
  • Jinder Mahal $900,000
  • Kane $900,000
  • Big Show $850,000
  • Samoa Joe $800,000
  • Charlotte Flair $550,000
  • Nikki Bella $350,000
  • Alexa Bliss $350,000
  • Mickie James $300,000
  • Brie Bella $300,000
  • Natalya $300,000
  • Sasha Banks $250,000
  • Asuka $250,000
  • Dana Brooke $200,000
  • Bayley $200,000
  • Lana $200,000
  • Naomi $180,000
  • Carmella $120,000
  • Nia Jax $100,000
  • Sonya Deville $100,000
  • Mandy Rose $80,000
  • Ruby Riott $80,000
  • Tamina $80,000
  • Liv Morgan $80,000
https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/rumor-wwe-superstars-salaries-2020-reportedly-revealed

WWE wrestlers perform a lot more times than UFC fighters so in that sense they should make more then UFC fighters. WWE wrestler even in a COVID world with no house shows perform 52 weeks of TV tapings and 12 PPVs a year. In a Non-COVID world they're on the road 200-300 days a year. UFC fighters fight 1-5 times a year.

Back