It's not the UFC's responsibility to provide healthcare and retirement, and it's not fair

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's not the UFC's responsibility to take care of them when they're old men, or to provide them with healthcare. The UFC isn't their mom. That's the their government's responsibility. It's completely unreasonable to expect the UFC to provide their healthcare, especially given its artificially bloated cost; it's 19% of the American GDP vs the worldwide developed countries' average of 8.5%. That stupid high cost isn't the UFC's fault, and it's not their responsibility to take the financial fall for that colossal fuck up (and for something that's not even their responsibility to provide).

The UFC has a huge roster of foreign fighters whose governments already give them healthcare too. So, the money to cover the American fighters' healthcare would come indirectly from their salaries and they wouldn't see any benefit from it. It would be unfair to foreign fighters.

It's not the UFC responsibility to provide healthcare, it's not their responsibility to take the financial loss for the colossal fuck up the American system is, it's not their responsibility to take care of them when they're old men, and doing so isn't fair for foreign fighters.

They should all become Canadian citizens for the free healthcare..

Brock knew whats up..

brock-lesnar-canada-24.png

If they give them health care that makes them employees and the UFC would be royally fucked. It will never happen. Even if they wanted to they just can’t do it.

Reactions: HHJ
I agree,but that doesnt mean people gotta become dicks about it. I sympathize with the fighters. Its not on the UFC to take care of them,but I wish they didnt have to suffer like that,pay such a heavy price,and wish that it was possilble that they could get taken care of.

How the fuck? How do you think it’s the government’s responsibility?

They should all become Canadian citizens for the free healthcare..

Brock knew whats up..

brock-lesnar-canada-24.png

IDK about that lol

"They couldn't do nothing for me," he said Wednesday. "It was like I was in a Third World country. ... I'm just stating the facts here, and that's the facts. If I had to choose between getting care in Canada or in the United States, I definitely want to be in the United States."

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...ates_canadian_health_care_as_third_world.html

US Health Care is a double edge sword. The ability to privatize gives us the worlds best doctors and facilities, but not everybody gets covered and it can really fuck people over. That being said if you play your cards even somewhat right it's not hard to obtain decent medical insurance. On top of that the poor, elderly, and disabled are covered under a social service program via medicare and medicaid.

US Health Care is a double edge sword. The ability to privatize gives us the worlds best doctors, but not everybody gets covered and it can really fuck people over. That being said if you play your cards even somewhat right it's not hard to obtain decent medical insurance. On top of that the poor, elderly, and disabled are covered under a social service program via medicare and medicaid.

Best doctors if you're rich.

A company should want its fighters fully insured as long as they have them. Ideally, it would allow better and more frequent performances and a longer competition window.

But yeah, the fact that Americans have been Stockholm Syndromed into thinking medical costs are that ridiculously high, just because it's what they're billed, is the biggest problem. Imagine something like finding out that the entire rest of the developed world paid cents for diamonds and then telling them that THEY are the ones who must be underpaying for poorer diamonds, not that we're getting dicked with artificial prices

Best doctors if you're rich.

Or are a veteran, work for the state, work for the county, work for the city, or are in any kind of trade. All the trade Unions have excellent benefits.

Corporate greed leads to Medicare for All.. who would have thought.

The UFC say they're just temporarily using their services.

They could easily brainstorm an idea, sell the fighters merch and give them pension or something

Back