Calvins Kattars boxing?

I have watched ufc since the Shamrock days but I really dont remember anyone with such crisp boxing skills as Kattar...refresh my memory if im mistaken here

Max could really lose this one if he decides to stand and bang with Calvin.

ps. Calvins highlights starts from 1.45

He is a good boxer, but Zabit pressured him for 2 rounds. I am confident Max can do that better and longer tbh

I don’t know what’s will all the buzz about Kattar’s boxing. Yeah, it’s not bad. But Zabit beat him in the first 2 rounds and I think Max has a better stand up than Zabit.

Y’all making Kattar seem like a god of boxing or something.

I have watched ufc since the Shamrock days but I really dont remember anyone with such crisp boxing skills as Kattar...refresh my memory if im mistaken here

His boxing is very good but it's not a boxing match. He lost to Moicano because he got leg kicked repeatedly. Same as Max in the first Volk fight. Max needs to keep adding to his kicking game and his defense of leg kicks the way he did in the second Volk fight.

Stop repeating Joe Rogan talk the guy isn’t remotely the best boxer in ufc history. Shovel hooks? Lol

His boxing is very good but it's not a boxing match. He lost to Moicano because he got leg kicked repeatedly. Same as Max in the first Volk fight. Max needs to keep adding to his kicking game and his defense of leg kicks the way he did in the second Volk fight.

If you noticed...i mentioned "if he decides to stand and bang" then Max is in trouble. Max has to mix it up with kicks from range and be unpredictable. Its over if he rushes in and makes it dirty boxing with Calvin

Have you really never watched Jose Aldo? Especially in his later years? Dude is defensively superb and offensively sound even at his mma age.

If never skill and technique that he loses too. It's the wear and tear that accumulated that slows him down in fights.

Have you really never watched Jose Aldo? Especially in his later years? Dude is defensively superb and offensively sound even at his mma age.

If never skill and technique that he loses too. It's the wear and tear that accumulated that slows him down in fights.
Great for a round now a days, he uses his energy pretty terribly, then gets flat footed and gasses.
BonyChillyBettong-size_restricted.gif

Great for a round now a days, he uses his energy pretty terribly, then gets flat footed and gasses.
BonyChillyBettong-size_restricted.gif
Let's be serious. He's good for 2 rounds and a quick fade in the 3rd.

A far cry from the guy who went 5 extreme rounds with a prime, peaked later confirmed PED user Mendes. A top 10 UFC fight that is a massively underrated.

First two rounds against Yan he looked very competitive.
Yeah 2 rounds is not even 50% of a fight the best are fighting at.
Kattar and Max both pick up the pace and have more energy in round 5 than Aldo does in 3.

Great boxing means jack if you only show it for 10 of 25 minutes.

Kattar and Max both pick up the pace and have more energy in round 5 than Aldo does in 3.

2011 Aldo kills both on the same night.

Aldo was a beast I think these days it’s just wear and tear... he’s taken a lot of damage, a lot of injuries, it all adds up at the end of the day.

I remember a few good boxers thru the years. Pure boxing isn’t good enough in the ufc. Drew mcfredries was a good boxer but not good mma fighter. Then there was that Irish hand grenade guy that got his face pummeled by nate dias and then that black English guy that sucker punched that curly haired black guy that was actually blond. I don’t remember all their names. Sorry!!

Back