Alvarez
Pettis
Gaethje

He has a lot of top 10-15 talent and rising at the time of the fight:
Hooker
Bobby Green
Brandao
Jim Miller

He also has a lot of tough guys not necessarily high level guys but tough outs on any night:
Koch
Yancy
Jospeh Duffy

Thats really good man. He can really go down as an all time great with a few more big wins.

He's an exciting fighter and from all accounts a good guy. He's also always improving and should be a role model for young fighters.

When he started growing out his hair his career really took off
IccULnK_d.webp

He's done a complete 180 since Michael Johnson KO'd him. I remember rooting against him hardcore in that fight because he was being a jerk leading up to it. Since then, he's proven to be a very likable personality. He also went on an absolute tear after that loss, only losing to Khabib since.

A good portion of his legacy will be determined with his next fight with Conor.

michael johnson has had such a weird career. He beats a few huge names and loses so many close calls to average guys.

First time I took notice was when he out of nowhere beat highly touted Josh Grispi, who was close to getting a title shot at the time. I'm glad his career continued to evolve since and he hasn't looked back.

First time I took notice was when he out of nowhere beat highly touted Josh Grispi, who was close to getting a title shot at the time. I'm glad his career continued to evolve since and he hasn't looked back.
Agreed. He was an exciting "meh" fighter for a long while. We all knew and like him (his fights), but I don't think that many people would have thought he'd be, as the OP says, so stellar lately. I'm rooting for him.

Yes he has. It is ok to not be the greatest ever contrary to sherdog belief. He still has nothing for Conor.

I still can’t believe he out brawled Justin Gaethje

Sure, and there's been lots of fighters like that.

First or last baby.

He's lost before. Dude was never good.

He reminds to Ryan Bader, 2 highly touted guys that were very good but lost against the very best and had a couple of WTF losses, they still worked their ass off and racked an incredible streak with legit names under their names

yeh dis kid is guud. displays de skills. dosnt matter, come fyte tyme, heil get countered and fook'd

Back