Active fighters you worry have taken too much damage

Antix

Champion Cheeto Fingers
@Green
Reaction score
Given the recent Spencer Fisher report I was wondering if there’s any fighters you guys think have taken a lot of damage to a point it concerns you or you think they should consider retiring..

For me it’s:

Max Holloway - Considering his age he’s been in his fair share of wars and have gone the distance to decisions. He also had the infamous Bisping interview where his eye seemed off centre (Holloway’s) and was quite slurry with speech.

Diego Sanchez - He’s been in numerous brutal wars and fights of the night, as well as been badly knocked out on a few occasions. Recently has been giving even stranger interviews to media than he used to (even though he’s always been an odd character) and now hooked up with a yoga teacher for a coach.

Overeem - The number of times he’s been KO’d speaks for itself although he seems ok in interviews I can’t imagine he’s not having issues with how many times he’s been concussed and knocked out.

Shogun, Diego, Matt Brown, Oleinik, Anthony Smith, Stephens, Condit, Cowboy, Nate.

Loads of them really. Some of these dudes have fought thirty times plus at UFC level and undergone the camps to prepare for that.

I actually worry most about Whittaker. Even though he has looked great in his recent wins, he took a shit ton of damage against Romero and then got starched by Israel.

If you look at who he has fought, he's taken some big shots from some very tough dudes since getting KO'd at WW by Wonderboy and moving up to MW.

He's only 30 but lots of mileage, lots of training injuries as well.

To be fair to some extent it seems to depend on the individual too, Arlovski for example has been fighting at a high level for twenty years at heavyweight and he seems fine.

Yoel worries me with his huge neck scar and broken orbital.. I'm sure his adamantium bones will keep him sturdy though.

Yoel worries me with his huge neck scar and broken orbital.. I'm sure his adamantium bones will keep him sturdy though.

Yoel’s eye issue seems pretty bad even Israel pointed it out at their weigh in face off.

He’s a freak of nature athletically but he’s taken some life changing damage for sure

Yoel’s eye issue seems pretty bad even Israel pointed it out at their weigh in face off.

He’s a freak of nature athletically but he’s taken some life changing damage for sure
His range of motion in his neck is outrageously bad..

And though i've seen the freaky orbital thing on others like Weidman and Felder it's pretty rough to see permanent damage like that imo.
bJobIWHQHVt-v5F7N1iJDBMrm1vAVoNlv7nDKTsp_j8.jpg

And this is also freaky as fuck
hqdefault.jpg

Yoel Bless.

Cerrone, Weidman, JDS, sometimes I wonder about Poirier and Whittaker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back