Which fighters could cross over into other sports?

johnmangala

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
We always hear about A-level athletes coming into MMA from other sports. But how about top athletes in MMA that can crossover into other sports.

I dont know many examples except Conor going into boxing. He did pretty well against the greatest boxer of our generation.

I would love to see Jones in the NBA.

I think that PoS Greg Hardy would be a decent football player.

I would love to see Jones in the NBA.

VictoriousAgedGartersnake-size_restricted.gif

Tons of crossovers with other combat sports.
Adesanya was a decent pro kickboxer; Val and Joanna were champs.
Several MMA fighters were top grapplers in BJJ and no-gi grappling.

I once played ping pong with a UFC fighter (won't say which one) and he wrecked me.

So there you go.

I'll be happy when this whole silly topic goes back to one thread a week instead of 12 threads a day.

That's such a screwed up gif. It's like Jon can't figure out if he's right or left handed. His upper body says left handed but he starts running like a righty only to correct it last minute but it's too late. It's like he's never done this before lol.

none, outside of other combat sports. They are too small for the NFL, and NBA. I dont think they are skilled enough to play baseball or soccer or golf or tennis.....they would have to stick to combat most likely.

None of them could transition into a major sport at the professional level or else they would've.. More money and less punches

We always hear about A-level athletes coming into MMA from other sports. But how about top athletes in MMA that can crossover into other sports.

I dont know many examples except Conor going into boxing. He did pretty well against the greatest boxer of our generation.

Journeyman Carlos Baldomir did unexpectantly pretty well against Mayweather. Took a couple of rounds based on one judge and never got hurt or in any trouble. Conor was carried and played with and got KTFO so no, not pretty well.

That said, Conor can definitely go box some journeymen in boxing or 50 year old legends like Oscar de la Hoya and maybe win a few fights.

Other than that, Volkanovski can go try to move up in the lower pro rugby ranks. Jon Jones might be able to bulk up and be a practice squad NFL linemen like his brothers. Then there's GSP. He can crossover to any sport he wants. NBA point guard, NFL safety, MLB shortstop, anything he wants as he is an A+ once-in-forever athlete.

Ngannou - linebacker, NFL

Back