Media Khabib reveals when he broke Gaethje: That's all you got?

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Khabib says that Gaethje broke when he noticed gaethje putting everything into two shots. Khabib said Gaethje did hit him good, Including the leg kick(which was disputed by sherdog) He also mentions that Jetlag/Acclimitazation was a factor, Justin was taking deep breaths and he was talking to justin throughout the fight and Justin was answering. "Why is he responding? We're fighting" Khabib says to himself and that's when he knew he was psychologically breaking lol.

#Khabib bless.
#bring back imam ufcmaster

I brought up acclimatization in an earlier thread which again disputed by some sherdog critics.

Edit: The acclimatization was talking about Justin . RT Youtube channel got the translation wrong.(they said dustin) Dana white confirms

Last edited:
Gaethje looked broken before the first round was up..

That said, Khabib without that chin doesn't have nearly as good of a chance to reign as champ

He got fat

128611335_2846702145563841_1277057644531385123_n.jpg

I dont think too many people take this fight that seriously. Both had same sketchy manager and were basically team mates "fighting" so everyone
kinda expected Gaethje to tap the moment Khabib touches him. Maybe its possible that it was legit win for Khabib but wouldnt bet my house on it.

I dont think too many people take this fight that seriously. Both had same sketchy manager and were basically team mates "fighting" so everyone
kinda expected Gaethje to tap the moment Khabib touches him. Maybe its possible that it was legit win for Khabib but wouldnt bet my house on it.

It didn't look fixed unlike cerrone v conor

It is finally time to ignore you, imagine thinking a warrior like justin would ever accept losing for a paycheck, I know ur trolling, but that's bad taste.

Last edited:
(Khabib) was talking to justin throughout the fight and Justin was answering. "Why is he responding? We're fighting" Khabib says to himself and that's when he knew he was psychologically breaking lol.

I’m a little confused by this quote. What does responding have to do with “psychologically breaking”...? You could just as easily have Justin say he thought “Why is Khabib talking to me? We’re fighting” and that’s when he knew Khabib was psychologically breaking because he was so nervous he couldn’t stop talking.

I really don’t think Khabib psychologically broke Gaethje, he was just a better fighter than him. It’s not like Gaethje curled up and did nothing, he just wasn’t good enough to win and got beaten by a superior fighter. Unless people consider EVERY losing fighter to be psychologically broken...

I’m a little confused by this quote. What does responding have to do with “psychologically breaking”...? You could just as easily have Justin say he thought “Why is Khabib talking to me? We’re fighting” and that’s when he knew Khabib was psychologically breaking because he was so nervous he couldn’t stop talking.

I really don’t think Khabib psychologically broke Gaethje, he was just a better fighter than him. It’s not like Gaethje curled up and did nothing, he just wasn’t good enough to win and got beaten by a superior fighter. Unless people consider EVERY losing fighter to be psychologically broken...

I think it's based on who was winning or losing as well as who is initiating the talking. If you are winning and you are initiating the talking, you're fine, just messing with your opponent. If you are winning and you're responding, you might be just annoyed by the losing person and basically telling them they are losing. If you are losing and you are initiating the talk, you might be fine as well, trying to gain an edge and get back into the fight.

However, if you are losing and you are responding, you are unlikely to be trying to gain an advantage and more likely to show you've mentally subservient to the winner.

Totally speculative, but that's my analysis of how the logic might be and that Khabib might be correct.

Last edited:
Back