Imagine Bronx taps Tony

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
That would be a real statement... submitting a guy like Tony Ferguson tells everyone he is ready for the belch.

There will be some interesting ground transitions in this fight so it isn’t even that unlikely with a guy on Charles level

Highly possible.

To your “ready for the BELCH” point
200_d.gif

Tony might be dumb and stubborn and mess around too much on the ground rather than keep it standing. In which case Oliveira can def tap Tony.
But if I can see Oliveira tapping Tony , I think Tony can catch Charles in a sub too.

Tony is 36 and just came off a brutal fight. His heart is his best attribute but second is his scrambles, and third probably his elbows. Those scrambles will be negated, and likely at a disadvantage against Do Bronx. I actually think Tony goes on a 2 fight losing streak here, and will then be too old to put together a run to ever get back at the title. Tony was a guy good enough to be champ, won the interim, but circumstances rarely went in his favor. Injury prone, matched up against Khabib who was injury prone, and even if they ever fought I'm pretty sure at any time in their UFC careers Khabib would beat him.

Tony is 2 months shy of his 37th birthday. He is on the decline, it is just a question of how fast he deteriorates as a fighter.

Given that there are countless examples of his pride getting in his own way. Such as doing an entire weight cut for a cancelled fight several weeks before the rescheduled fight. And he has the worst deadlift form in human history. It is likely that his decline will be precipitous.

I don't know man..

Olivieira is really fucking good but i mean.. subbed by pettis, miller, lamas etc.. i get it, he truely fucking goes for it and ends up on the wrong side of it sometimes.. also some of those losses are ancient history.. but still..

I think tony styles on him.. easy to forget the monster that is tony ferguson after that domestic violence case that was the gaethje fight..

Not too far fetched

Charlie is a on a tear

His momentum is through the roof and Tony might legit have CTE

I don't know man..

Olivieira is really fucking good but i mean.. subbed by pettis, miller, lamas etc.. i get it, he truely fucking goes for it and ends up on the wrong side of it sometimes.. also some of those losses are ancient history.. but still..

I think tony styles on him.. easy to forget the monster that is tony ferguson after that domestic violence case that was the gaethje fight..
Think if Tony wins it's on the feet. If du bronx gets him to the ground I think he puts him to sleep. can't wait.

Think if Tony wins it's on the feet. If du bronx gets him to the ground I think he puts him to sleep. can't wait.

We will see.. i'm saying tony subs him if it goes to the ground..

Im not seeing Tony tapping. He could def get choked out or lose a limb though.

Do Bronx is clearly on the best streak of his career, but I'm still not completely convinced that he is over his heart/durability issues. If he beats Tony, let alone if he submits him, he should be next in line for a title shot.

while Charles poses a threat on the ground, so to does Tony

can Charles handle the punches/elbows while attempting submissions? will Tony leave himself open while trying to land strikes? this is what makes it an intriguing fight

I think that is the most likely outcome of this fight, Tony's ground game is massively over rated on here because people were constantly gassing him up for a fight with Khabib.

Damn, is this really happening? It’s gonna be a bitter sweet either way.

Back