The best grappler in the UFC right now who could have beat Khabib

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Ryan Hall.

Inb4 the flood of hate.

His BJJ is the best in the UFC right now and if he ever fought Khabib it would be the best display of grappling in an MMA fight we've ever seen. It obviously will not happen, but I wish it would.

For a guy who looks like your local bank teller, he is currently being avoided by all the top ranked fighters in his division and can't get a fight.

Inb4 "he's a boring butt scooter"

He collects legs and cannot be fucked with on the ground whatsoever. It's beautiful to watch. Who would you like to see him matched up with?

Nah, he's not big or strong enough. When Hall fought at LW I remember him saying he cut zero weight. He walks around at about 155 while Khabib walks around at like 190. Of course Hall has the chance of catching anyone in a submission, but more than likely Khabib would absolutely maul him.

Nah, he's not big or strong enough. When Hall fought at LW I remember him saying he cut zero weight. He walks around at about 155 while Khabib walks around at like 190. Of course Hall has the chance of catching anyone in a submission, but more than likely Khabib would absolutely maul him.

Totally fair response. Khabib would have a ton of weight on him. Who do you want to see Hall fight? I really think he will eventually be champ. I find it bizarre how no one mentions his name. He's like the Voldemort of the UFC.

There are levels to this MMA game. Remember Palhares who was also a very accomplished grappler and a leg lock master? He finished low to mid tier guys with ease but struggled against top level competition. This is not to say Hall is not a good fighter, but until he proves himself against some top 10 fighters, he's not a threat to Khabib, one of the all time GOATs

OrneryFairClownanemonefish-size_restricted.gif

There are levels to this MMA game. Remember Palhares who was also a very accomplished grappler and a leg lock master? He finished low to mid tier guys with ease but struggled against top level competition. This is not to say Hall is not a good fighter, but until he proves himself against some top 10 fighters, he's not a threat to Khabib, one of the all time GOATs

Agree 100%.

So why are all the top ranked fighters avoiding him? He's asked for any of them and Sean Shelby can't get anyone to agree to it.

ortega would snatch that neck up and choke khabib out when khabib goes for the takedown.

if he doesnt get the neck he would easily triangle him from the bottom when khabib is posturing up on the ground.

Totally fair response. Khabib would have a ton of weight on him. Who do you want to see Hall fight? I really think he will eventually be champ. I find it bizarre how no one mentions his name. He's like the Voldemort of the UFC.
He'll be 36 soon, fighting at FW, so the clock is really ticking for him. Very unlikely that he becomes champ at this point. I agree with you though that he's incredibly skilled, and it does seem like guys in the division are ducking him. I'm sure he's being offered fights with lower ranked guys though so he's probably just being selective as well. I just wish he was more active, don't even really care who he fights at this point. Lots of good potential matchups out there, like Dan Ige or Bryce Mitchell.

He'll be 36 soon, fighting at FW, so the clock is really ticking for him. Very unlikely that he becomes champ at this point. I agree with you though that he's incredibly skilled, and it does seem like guys in the division are ducking him. I'm sure he's being offered fights with lower ranked guys though so he's probably just being selective as well. I just wish he was more active, don't even really care who he fights at this point. Lots of good potential matchups out there, like Dan Ige or Bryce Mitchell.

I believe he just publicly called out Dan Ige actually

This hipster/contrarian "THIS GUY COULD BEAT KHABIB" shit is really laughable hahha
It was just clickbait. Khabib outweighs him by a lot. I brought up the comparison to get people on the DOG to maybe check out some of Ryans fights :)

It was just clickbait. Khabib outweighs him by a lot. I brought up the comparison to get people on the DOG to maybe check out some of Ryans fights :)
Im a huge fan of Ryan Hall. I am OK with people hating his style,because it amuses me endlessly to see them get pissed.

LOL. ok bud. Khabib would maul him within a round.

Hall imanari rolls, khabib escapes, steps into mount and smashes his face in... repeat until stoppage or 5 rounds

Ryan Hall.

Inb4 the flood of hate.

His BJJ is the best in the UFC right now and if he ever fought Khabib it would be the best display of grappling in an MMA fight we've ever seen. It obviously will not happen, but I wish it would.

For a guy who looks like your local bank teller, he is currently being avoided by all the top ranked fighters in his division and can't get a fight.

Inb4 "he's a boring butt scooter"

He collects legs and cannot be fucked with on the ground whatsoever. It's beautiful to watch. Who would you like to see him matched up with?
The correct answer is Curtis Blaydes. Stipe too I think.

Back