PSA: Exciting Fighter This Saturday - Miguel Baeza - KO GIFs Inside

Danespina

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
9-0 (2-0 in UFC). Nickname Caramel Thunder.

VS. EMRE ORUN
giphy.gif

VS. MATTHEW COLQUHOUN
giphy.gif

VS. MATT BROWN
giphy.gif

No way dreads actually tried just throwing an uppercut , on its own like that ... My god he deserved to be KOed for that...
Uppercuts like that aren't supposed to be used as a leading attack, it's supposed to be used in response to a punch that you time and slip.

Gervonta Davis recent KO vs Leo Santa Cruz is a perfect example of a lead uppercut used effectively.

d861a58ef550e6ec1b9cc480aa0ec318.gif

Also Jermall Charlo has nice uppercuts as well.

And of course Tyson's uppercuts, lots of vids of that so I won't bother posting.

Uppercuts like that aren't supposed to be used as a leading attack, it's supposed to be used in response to a punch that you time and slip.

Gervonta Davis recent KO vs Leo Santa Cruz is a perfect example of a lead uppercut used effectively.

And of course Tyson's uppercuts, lots of vids of that so I won't bother posting.

That Davis KO was sweet!

Yea...i agree dread guy was sloppy as fuck for throwing that...

If ur gunna go with a lead uppercut on offense you gotta disguise it with feints or hide it behind a jab or fake jab...just flopping it out there will and can get you koed...

I only like using lead uppercuts as a second or last punch in a combo..never first during offense...as far counter like davis did, if the spots open for it sûre

If ur gunna go with a lead uppercut on offense you gotta disguise it with feints or hide it behind a jab or fake jab...just flopping it out there will and can get you koed...

I only like using lead uppercuts as a second or last punch in a combo..never first during offense...as far counter like davis did, if the spots open for it sûre
Yeah usually people that lead with the uppercut with no feints or timing a punch usually get caught with a cross or overhand and end up getting KO. It's a tricky move, but when it works it's beautiful to watch lol.

Yeah usually people that lead with the uppercut with no feints or timing a punch usually get caught with a cross or overhand and end up getting KO. It's a tricky move, but when it works it's beautiful to watch lol.

Is it any better to throw the rear uppercut by itself? Obviously more powerful but still quite as risky no?

Is it any better to throw the rear uppercut by itself? Obviously more powerful but still quite as risky no?

Its highly telegraphed ...too many things have to move to get that strike off..youd better have some phenomenal technique and handspeed to pull off a naked rear uppercut ..for example chuck tried to throw one against rashad and rashad put his lights out with an overhand... Had chuck jabbed first he Likely wouldnt of been koed and possibly koed rashad...
https://imgur.com/r/mma/JAPjL

Its highly telegraphed ...too many things have to move to get that strike off..youd better have some phenomenal technique and handspeed to pull off a naked rear uppercut ..for example chuck tried to throw one against rashad and rashad put his lights out with an overhand... Had chuck jabbed first he Likely wouldnt of been koed and possibly koed rashad...
https://imgur.com/r/mma/JAPjL
So basically both uppercuts naked suck? Just checking to make sure I'm not missing anything.

So basically both uppercuts naked suck? Just checking to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Its a flashy move..therefore risky...like i said you need to be something special to pull it off, but theres always a risk... Guys with fast hands can do it..but if they get timed its over...its just smarter to use feints or other techniques to hide the uppercut it also makes the the uppercut more effective as the strike you dont see is usually the one that hurts you

WAR

That first KO is nastyyyyyy. Dude is definitely someone you dont want to be clipped by...
Yeah I don't know how sustainable his style is, but it's fun to watch regardless.

Do you know what lead uppercut means rocky?

Back