Media Israel Adesanya: "I suck less at BJJ"

I don't exactly see any BJJ wizards among LHW and MW top 10 so Adesanya doesn't have to fear much even if his BJJ is lacking

I don't exactly see any BJJ wizards among LHW and MW top 10 so Adesanya doesn't have to fear much even if his BJJ is lacking
Yeah but it's good to see him eager to learn,rather than trying to ignore that aspect. Some ppl make their whole careers without really embracing the Bjj side. Especially kickboxer coming from that sport.

Could be very useful if he has to fight Jon Jones at some point.

10-Okami_Souza_12.jpg

If anyone wants to beat Adesanya they had better do it soon...

Once he starts making major improvements in his grappling, he might be untouchable until Father Time catches up to him.

Prolly saw Gaethjes bjj get exposed hard and thought damn don’t want that to happen to me! Good on Izzy for continuing to improve
Exactly. Fights are chaotic and even the best wrestler can find himself on his back. It's a real possibility for anyone. Izzy realizing this and grinding so hard to cover and small possibilities of him losing is why he's going to rule the division for years to come

Good attitude to take IMO. Rather than "even if black belt, in your mind stay white belt" this has the same attitude (as a blue belt) but also the caution that comes with it (ie: extra TDD training).

Not likely jacare will ever get a shot at izzy unfortunately
He almost beat the current LHW champ in his last outing there... SD loss.

I hope he does get a shot ASAP. Clock's ticking.

vettori. not a wizard but a strong grappler. 2 / 6 takedowns and hold izzy down. he's a real stud and basically that what costa wants to be so bad. pure raw strength, good technique and great athleticism.

future champ.

Imagine if Anderson somehow got a trip and Sonnen’d Izzy....

As someone else said not much threat for bjj at MW and overall I the grappling game is becoming easier and easier to negate as time goes on for whatever reason. I miss good grappling contests.

Back