Would RDA have stopped Conor from being Double Champ had he fought?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2tspv38cLo3rYoycGf1blsjM6Fj1WI9wEHOk4TSxjg8.jpg

If his foot wasn’t a balloon. And it had been conor vs. RDA instead of Alvarez?

Would there be no double champ, no Mayweather fight, No Khabib vs. Conor.

Conor would just be a regular FW champ defending his title against all comers.

Conor may even end up FW goat, undefeated at that weight class if he didn’t grow out of it.

He would be rich but never this rich.

At the time I was devastated because I thought RDA was a LW goat and would be the one to smash conor and end the hype.

But now its pretty easy to argue that conor wouldve smoked RDA as well.

But if RDA shows up and loses at least we all wouldve been spared from this nate diaz storyline that ended up happening because of the pullout.

At the time I was devastated because I thought RDA was a LW goat and would be the one to smash conor and end the hype.

But now its pretty easy to argue that conor wouldve smoked RDA as well.

But if RDA shows up and loses at least we all wouldve been spared from this nate diaz storyline that ended up happening because of the pullout.
Spared?
Nate gave us two of the best Conor fights so far.

Spared?
Nate gave us two of the best Conor fights so far.
yes, i wanted to see conor lose like everyone else, but seeing nate do it wasn't worth the subsequent bs and entitlement.
nate just fights michael johnson for MINIMUM show/win purse then gets absolutely BLESSED by conor who is at the height of his delusion and arrogance. Conor fights two weight classes above what he was to save the card and loses and then suddenly we have to buy the idea that Nate is elite?
if the nate fight doesn't happen, conor beats RDA and eventually loses to Khabib anyway. nate continues to fight journeymen where he belongs.

Yes RDA would have tooled Conor. Other than possibly "Plastic Perry" at the height of his hype train...Conor is by far the most overrated, barely should qualify as a top 10 in ANY weight class there has ever been. Good ol' fast-tracked with zero defenses Conor. Thank the just bleed gods Nate exposed him for what he really was. And the Khabib nailed that coffin shut.

Last edited:
Most likely, he was better than Alvarez but got caught in their fight, its not like he would have smoked Conor, or Conor to RDA, but it wouldnt had been that easy for Conor like it was against Alvarez.

yes, i wanted to see conor lose like everyone else, but seeing nate do it wasn't worth the subsequent bs and entitlement.
nate just fights michael johnson for MINIMUM show/win purse then gets absolutely BLESSED by conor who is at the height of his delusion and arrogance. Conor fights two weight classes above what he was to save the card and loses and then suddenly we have to buy the idea that Nate is elite?
if the nate fight doesn't happen, conor beats RDA and eventually loses to Khabib anyway. nate continues to fight journeymen where he belongs.
This idea that Nate was a broke bum before Conor blessed him is ridiculous. Obviously he made a ton of money from the Conor fights, but he was still making good money before that. He got a POTN bonus damn near every fight

Even that fight with Johnson, Diaz made 90k that night. A quick look at UFC 141 shows he made 149k that night. He was making plenty of money

You should point out that the only reason RDA was champion was because Khabib was injured and out for two years. If Khabib was never injured Conor would have never been double champ

Yes, that is why they didnt fight. Too risky for conman. You know he only takes sure thing fights (ie late replacement, starving himself for smaller fights, or waaay past prime opponents). Duh.

We would have seen the Aldo rematch in that timeline.

I wonder about that fight...that was one of the best stare downs ever. RDA would prolly lose tho. He was underestimating Conor way too much

This idea that Nate was a broke bum before Conor blessed him is ridiculous. Obviously he made a ton of money from the Conor fights, but he was still making good money before that. He got a POTN bonus damn near every fight

Even that fight with Johnson, Diaz made 90k that night. A quick look at UFC 141 shows he made 149k that night. He was making plenty of money

Nate was a broke bum, he signed a terrible contract.

He negotiated a big money contract before his Benson title shot, but it was dependent around him winning the belt, he gambled and lost.

I'm assuming he got a big signing bonus with the contract but he was getting paid 15K+15K and worked up to 20k+20k for his last fight pre-Conor and being vocal about it constantly. He was only making "decent" money from the bonuses.

That's why he did his infamous "You're taking everything I worked for..." speech.

That red panty night changed his life.

You can check his disclosed pay for his pre-Conor fights here: https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/nate-diaz

Last edited:
Yes, the "El Chapo" Conor who fought Diaz was extremely cocky and out of his mind.

RDA likely takes him to deep waters and drowns him in brutal fashion, the Conor who came back and slaughtered Alverez would have a good chance of stopping RDA though.

RDA losing to Alvarez was such a shame, I think most people agree RDA was the superior fighter but when guys are swinging bombs you just never know.

Last edited:
I mean, he could have beaten Conor and most of us wish he wouldve and halted all that came after. Im not sure Conors path to two belts was actually good for the sport. I want to see a champ fight other champions and all but he wanted to sit on those belts and not defend shit.

Back