Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship “not interested” in signing Anderson Silva

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Anderson-Silva-9.png

Image via @UFC on Instagram (photographer not listed)

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship will not be trying to sign Anderson Silva.

Back on Halloween night, Silva made the walk to the Octagon for the final time and lost by TKO to Uriah Hall. Since the event, Dana White has been adamant that was the last time the Brazilian would compete for the UFC. It was then revealed he was released from his contract. With him now being a free agent, the former middleweight champ

“Hey everyone… I didn’t want to talk about this subject, especially because I’m on vacation and as the saying goes, “a deal is a deal” I’ll make it clear to all my fans that this is a moment of joy and gratitude!!! I feel free, after an attempt to force my retirement!” Silva said in an Instagram post.

“I love and have always loved what I do, winning and losing are a part of it, it has absolutely nothing to do with age, I made technical mistakes and lost, but I didn’t lose what’s most important, the will and the desire to continue doing what I love, I still have the warrior spirit and that burning flame in my heart that motivates me, I have total belief that I can continue to compete in the elite of MMA. I take this moment to reflect about my career and to plan my next moves… Stay Tuned!!!”

However, since then, Bellator, PFL, and ONE Championship have said they have no interest in signing the 45-year-old. Well, BKFC president, David Feldman told BJPENN.com his company will not be vying for Silva’s services either.

“At this time we are not interested in Anderson Silva competing for BKFC. He’s a legend and I loved watching him fight. We need to concentrate on building our fighters already signed to BKFC,” Feldman said over text to BJPENN.com.

With BKFC not interested either, Anderson Silva has limited options for what is next for him if he is going to continue fighting.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...hip-not-interested-in-signing-anderson-silva/

His asking price has to be substantial, I’m guessing.

All things considered, he just hung in there and arguably won a couple rounds against #10 in the UFC. I would still pick him to beat Shogun, Rampage, or Wanderlei. He’s likely a bigger name than all them as well.

The UFC did him wrong. Why were they setting him up to fail with all of these contenders? He should have been fighting older legends. Look at his last 6 fights. He’s in his mid 40’s. It is no wonder he’s 1-5. Bring him back for a retirement fight against Nick Diaz or Chris Weidman.

Anderson has given enough to MMA and martial arts in general. It's hard to hang them up but hopefully he does and enjoys retirement.

Also not surprisingly these organizations have more class than the Ultimate Goof Championships.

At this time we are not interested in Anderson Silva competing for BKFC. He’s a legend and I loved watching him fight. We need to concentrate on building our fighters already signed to BKFC,” Feldman said over text to BJPENN.com

Fight Circus next!

Wow... saddest day ever.. biggest fall for this MMA legend...

From losing numerous fights to steroids use (who knows how long he had been on the sauce..) to being rejected by so many other organisations

Is this the biggest fall ever?

Back