Movsar Evloev vs. Nate Landwehr: December 5th

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It has already been confirmed, and a potential fight was briefly rumored a while ago. Evloev was the former M1 Bantamweight champion, Landwehr was the M1 Featherweight

Who wins this?

Strange match-up too, Evloev is 3-0 and has looked pretty good thus far in the UFC - great prospect; Landwehr got finished and is 1-1 in the UFC - got knocked out and beat Elkins (pretty good win).

I really think Evloev will finish him; he commands a bloodying jab, and is well rounded, although his base is in wrestling - he has a heavy and punishing top game. I don't know why this fight was made, but a nice step up?

Nate is one tough ass bass. I’m in!

Nate is bigger but Evloev is much more skilled, taking Movsar in this. He's a future contender but I think he should move down to 135.

Last edited:
Evloev is a 5-1 favorite right now. line is too wide, but Evloev should win.

Nate is bigger but Evloev is much more skilled, taking Movsar in this. He's a future contender but I think he should move down to 145.
This fight is at 145, and I think Evloev is too big for 135 these days. He is a decent sized Featherweight, but needs to cut a little more weight. His game could really use more strength.

I really wonder how Evloev will look at fetherweight. He already didn't look like the most powerful or athletic guy at bantemweight (compensating for it with stellar wrestling technique). Fighting men bigger then him could be quite a torn in his side?

That said... he should run through Landwehr.

I really wonder how Evloev will look at fetherweight. He already didn't look like the most powerful or athletic guy at bantemweight (compensating for it with stellar wrestling technique). Fighting men bigger then him could be quite a torn in his side?

That said... he should run through Landwehr.
He should bulk up a little, or at least become a better finisher at ATT. He has a really nice jab and striking is pretty good (at least compared to some of the other Caucasian counterparts), but more athleticism and strength would help him so much.

I wonder if Sensei Kreese will be in Nate's corner like he was at the All Valley Tournament.

get-him-a-body-bag-gif-gif.510103

tenor.gif

ufc%20florida%20nate%20landwehr%20backstage%20interview%20hero.jpg

I think Evloev is fighting at Featherweight since his UFC debut. He don't seems small for me, just not huge, like Zabit, Max, Katar and some others.

Evloev seriously impressed me in his last fight. Landwehr is a tough costumer and may still have a fair career in the UFC, but there are levels

Evloev bores me, but he's way too good for Landwehr - I reckon he submits him.

I think Evloev wins pretty easily to be honest

Why did Evloev move up? Should have stayed at 135 imo has no business in 145 cant see him winning a belt there.

Evloev. Hope he gets a finish so we can see him get a top 15.

This fight is at 145, and I think Evloev is too big for 135 these days. He is a decent sized Featherweight, but needs to cut a little more weight. His game could really use more strength.
Typo my bad, I meant I think he should move down to 135 since that's where he had his M1 success and I remember him being dwarfed by an Asian FW in his first fight. But he's training partners with Yan so that could be the reason he moved up in the first place

He would've been a good sized to big fw a couple of years ago but guys like Zabit, Holloway, Burgos, Kattar, etc are just huge. Evloev's size seems to be perfect for the modern day big BWs. One thing working for him though is his reach, a 72.5 inch reach is really good for FW.

Typo my bad, I meant I think he should move down to 135 since that's where he had his M1 success and I remember him being dwarfed by an Asian FW in his first fight. But he's training partners with Yan so that could be the reason he moved up in the first place

He would've been a good sized to big fw a couple of years ago but guys like Zabit, Holloway, Burgos, Kattar, etc are just huge. Evloev's size seems to be perfect for the modern day big BWs. One thing working for him though is his reach, a 72.5 inch reach is really good for FW.

That asian featherweight was ginormous for featherweight. He was like 6 feet tall and not scrawny either. Might be the biggest Featherweight on the roster.

Back